Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anybody tried this? Comfortable? Does it have the little recess for the tool roll? Thinking of ordering one for my Icon. Looks like sliding back into a sportier riding position would be easier on this. Looks nice too. Wish it was available in black, though.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
If they’re anything like the other Scrambler seats, you may rather spend your money on a Nitriheads seat. Firm, flat and good long distance comfort.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah they seem almost perfect, but it rains here and the stitching on the Nitroheads seats isn’t waterproof. I am also skeptical of Ducati’s seat design skills, hence the question, but they are at least 100% watertight.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Anybody tried this? Comfortable? Does it have the little recess for the tool roll? Thinking of ordering one for my Icon. Looks like sliding back into a sportier riding position would be easier on this. Looks nice too. Wish it was available in black, though.
Does anyone know if Scrambler seats can be dyed? I would really like to dye my CR seat black.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, didn’t think of that, yeah I suppose it’s an option. I guess it’s vinyl so you could spray paint it. Need to make sure the paint product is designed for vinyl, of course.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is the CR single seat, BTW? Does it have the recess for the tool roll? Max, does the DS stock seat have that too?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Yeah they seem almost perfect, but it rains here and the stitching on the Nitroheads seats isn’t waterproof. I am also skeptical of Ducati’s seat design skills, hence the question, but they are at least 100% watertight.
Yeah, that's really the only downside. They should really fix that.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
How is the CR single seat, BTW? Does it have the recess for the tool roll? Max, does the DS stock seat have that too?
As far as I know, it doesn't. I didn't see any recess. The toll roll is tucked at the rear (near the CDI), not up under the seat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah, that's really the only downside. They should really fix that.
I suppose it would be possible to pop the staples and put a single sheet layer of vinyl or something under the cover then staple it back down. Might be a bit fiddly to avoid lumpy folds, but also something I might consider. The Nitroheads seats come with the little side covers which would save me having to make or buy something to cover the gap if I get the Ducati cafe twin seat.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Or just a layer of plastic, it's not that hard. I did that when I installed a ProCycle foam and cover kit on my wife's DR650.

I'm convinced it takes more than an occasional shower to ruin a Nitroheads seat, but you don't want to use daily in a country with lots of rain...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts