Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I would like to buy a ducati desert sled, which has a seat height of 860 mm.

I am 1.65 cm tall and probably touch with the tips (I haven't had the good fortune to try it yet)

do you know how far I can lower the saddle? in addition to a different saddle, can I do anything else?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm 162 cm, and on a Desert Sled I can just touch with both tiptoes at once. I settled for a Classic, which I'm gradually adapting into a ADV bike.

You can get a lower seat for the DS, but from everything I've read, you compromise too much, suspension-wise, if you have the bike lowered.

Keep in mind the additional weight and length of wheelbase will make it a bit more challenging to manoeuver for a smaller person.

Good luck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am the same height and I had to take the saw to the lower the low seat. It is not only the height but it is quite wide at your crutch. I cut the sides and front off it and it is now fine I will post some photos of the finished product. Also get thicker soles for you boots.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you are not doing narley single track and do not need the ground clearance. Then I cannot see why you can't push the forks up the triple tree and less pre-load on the rear to lower the bike. Only problem I see is that the side stand may need to be shortened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts