Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we fit a Ducati scrambler 1100 sport rear dual exhaust on Desertsled... as far as i think it would be cool also it improve the off-road capability.. The rear tyre won't be touching the exhaust as it works pretty well with 1100 ...Only thing matters the connection piping...If any slopnosystem for tthos convertion already available. Providee with the links..Please shower you ideas or photos if anyone have already done...Thanks in advance..Kindly post your views...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
It can be done but it’s a lot of work to make a one of. Fitting the OE 1100 dual exhaust will involve modifying the frame. I made this one without doing that but it’s not easy.
The Sled and Urban Enduro have the same frame set up at that point, it differs lower down at the swing-arm area.
Urban rear view.jpg
IMG_0192.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses mates...Inwas checking out the Stainless Steel Link Pipe Akrapovic Exhaust DUCATI SCRAMBLER 1100 2018 with the exhaust system and it seems it can be done. Since Mr.Hui already done the mods on his enduro can you throw some more ideas in form of photos...

·
Registered
63 Posts
It can be done but it’s a lot of work to make a one of. Fitting the OE 1100 dual exhaust will involve modifying the frame. I made this one without doing that but it’s not easy.
The Sled and Urban Enduro have the same frame set up at that point, it differs lower down at the swing-arm area. View attachment 43978 View attachment 43977

It looks like you use the headers from a monster 796/1100 up until the collector, do you have anymore pics of this? I had a very similar idea in my head but imagined it as a single muffler setup to save weight.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
No collector, the front cylinder goes up and around the frame, exits to the right silencer. The rear cylinder goes down and back up inorder to loose heat, then exits out to the left silencer. Both cylinders are idependant and sounds like two 400 singles idling together.
Lol, save weight, losing the original collector weight is enough. My extra silencer weight was negligible and the whole system was a fraction of it’s weight. If you go for a siamese branch pipe system then you’ll need to consider equal length 1st stage headers.

I no longer have the bike, so no photos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts