Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way too hard for the roads I ride. Adjusted to the limit but still too firm, for me, it definitely needs some third party changes but I cannot be bothered. I also ride a Ducati Supersport, Triumph Speed Triple and Yamaha Mt07 on the same roads, without being subjected to the Srambler bone-shaking, so it has to go.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I feel your pain! I bought my scrambler just on a year ago in Spain. I live in the rural south and ride what the americans woukd call fire trails a lot. I found the suspension dreadful. Weirdly I found increasing the rear preload beyond the 30% sag made the spring more responsive and improved it to the point of tolerance. I am surprised though that so many people tolerate it. I have just driven from Andalucia to Sussex though and can absolutely condemn the seat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Haha, yes I can agree with all your comments. I've put the deeper seat on mine but it's still pretty hard. Somewhen I'll take it to a custom seat builder and get some softer foam put in. I've turned the front compression and rebound to very nearly the softest settings, not quite as much on rebound, as I found that every bump was just jarring right up through my shoulders on factory settings. It's been a great improvement and I certainly wouldn't consider changing bikes. The desert sled is such a fantastic concept and just huge amounts of fun every time I take it out. Superb fun and soundtrack as long as I don't drop below 6000rpm on road, I've got an Arrow can, and competent off road on wide fire roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts