Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new 2018 Icon.
When bike is cold, shifting normal.
After 20+ minutes if riding (hot engine) shifter is extremely stiff. For example, in 5th cannot downshift to 4th while clutched fully.

Also when hot, gears 1,2,3 are so stiff to shift into . Like they're binding.
And you can totally forget about finding neutral. The dealership manager road tested it several times and would not release the bike in that condition.

Bike has been at dealership for 1 week. I was there today and spoke with the mechanic who said they tried adjusting the oil pressure (as per Ducati's suggestion) . There was some improvement but the bike is not roadworthy.

I've emailed Ducati Scrambler Canada about the issue.

Has anyone heard of this problem before? Solutions?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Bike has been at dealership for 1 week. I was there today and spoke with the mechanic who said they tried adjusting the oil pressure (as per Ducati's suggestion) .
I think that is either b/s or you misunderstood what was said.
The oil pump is a very basic mechanical pump and has no facility for adjustment. There is a bypass valve in the oil pump that I guess could be changed but to do that you would need to disassemble the engine.
I hope that they solve the problem but if the bike is new and has those issues I would be pushing for a replacement new engine at least under lemon laws or whatever applies where ever you live.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that is either b/s or you misunderstood what was said.
The oil pump is a very basic mechanical pump and has no facility for adjustment. There is a bypass valve in the oil pump that I guess could be changed but to do that you would need to disassemble the engine.
I hope that they solve the problem but if the bike is new and has those issues I would be pushing for a replacement new engine at least under lemon laws or whatever applies where ever you live.
Yes I probably misunderstood the oil pressure thing. He was talking about an adjustment he made on the left side of the engine near where the shifter is located. He was putting back the cover when I got there.

Canada, unlike the U.S., has no lemon laws. Can you believe that? I'm not saying it's a lemon but definitely a manufacturer or Assembly fault somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts