Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well... After having a pre ordered full throttle back in DECEMBER of last year, and cancelling it this early spring, I'm officially going for a test ride today at noon. I can't stay away from this damn bike, no matter how hard I try! I don't even look at my bike anymore because it's not a scrambler lol.

My dealership should be ready to kill me given my back and forth the past months, but they've graciously allowed me a ride this afternoon.

See you all in a few hours when I come back to fill this with my thoughts!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhh well, if I'm being honest I feel a bit underwhelmed. Let me state my pros and cons:

Pros:
-handles amazing really light and flickable
-comfy ergos
-fast. A lot faster than I would have assumed looking at it
-I actually didn't mind the suspension which (from reviews/here) I was expecting to hate

Cons:
-I did find the throttle to be a bit abrupt, ie. On/off. I didn't necessarily mind this
-it got hot, and I only had a 20 min test ride
-but biggest of all for me, it felt a bit budget. The handle bars/controls specifically. But something about the bike just didn't make me fall in love with this respect

I may be the crazy one here but I think I'm going to have to wait it out and see what second generation scramblers bring to the table.

I feel a bit depressed lol, I was going ready to fall in love and buy it on the spot. Didn't happen for me

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ahhhh well, if I'm being honest I feel a bit underwhelmed. Let me state my pros and cons:

Pros:
-handles amazing really light and flickable
-comfy ergos
-fast. A lot faster than I would have assumed looking at it
-I actually didn't mind the suspension which (from reviews/here) I was expecting to hate

Cons:
-I did find the throttle to be a bit abrupt, ie. On/off. I didn't necessarily mind this
-it got hot, and I only had a 20 min test ride
-but biggest of all for me, it felt a bit budget. The handle bars/controls specifically. But something about the bike just didn't make me fall in love with this respect

I may be the crazy one here but I think I'm going to have to wait it out and see what second generation scramblers bring to the table.

I feel a bit depressed lol, I was going ready to fall in love and buy it on the spot. Didn't happen for me
Has the devil taken your soul?
Seriously though, aspects of this bike are budget.
Many of us have ditched the high bars in favour of the lower FT bars,which give a much better feel.
Can't see the second generation being much different unless Ducati up the spec,which in turn will mean upping the price.
Sorry you didn't enjoy it and won't be joining us.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Ah shame, but I suppose it can't have the same effect on everybody :uncomfortableness:. Perhaps you need to spend a little more time with it and you will fall in love slowly .. ;). I do agree about the switches, my first impression was that they are a bit cheap and flimsy but I've got used to that now - I absolutely love the bike! :love10:. Handlebars you can change!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Early this year, I said to myself I don't see myself owning one of these. Fast forward 3 months later, I put a downpayment. Another 3 months later, I took delivery. Been smiling since. What happened? Every forum you go to and bike review speaks well of this bike. The power of the internet got to me.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Other then the stock seat and rear shock, I have been happy and can say that I find excuses to go for a ride which has been different over many bikes owned in the past.

I did add a Dart bug screen and some soft side bags and that has been a big change in both the comfort and utility. I do plan on replacing the seat and shock when I can and I think that would complete it for me.

I understand your perception of the budget type of things on the bike but I don't believe you'll see too many changes there unless they decide to increase the price which is one reason its been so successful for them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We have the same initial assessment of the quality...for being a ducati, its somewhat sub-par. Yes, yes...I know its a budget build. I bought one anyway and have been happy with it since. The ergonomics are so good that I enjoy riding it more than my monster.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wouldn't it be boring if we all liked the same things. The scrambler is a bike that some like but it's not perfect for everyone thank goodness for freedom of choice.
Once people were excited to get a Trabant and had pride in owning one. I have made many mistakes in vehicle choices so don't buy a bike because you see me riding it. Let's all make our own decisions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts