Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed some new Carbon Fiber fuel tank panels onto my 2017 Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled (motocomposites.com). I wasn't too big of a fan of the matte aluminum finish on the stock panels and wanted to put on a 90's Ducati Logo (motowheels.com) as well.

Overall the install was pretty easy - to take off the Ducati Scrambler stickers I just used a hair dryer for a few minutes to loosen up the glue and then some floss to take them off. The panels were are a little more difficult to take off, one bolt holds them on and then you need to just jostle them a little to take them off the tank.

Here's a few pictures of the final product:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks good! I'm thinking of also getting the front CF fender from Motocomposite but wondering how their CF products are regarding fit, finish, durability etc.

How do the tank panels look in this regard? Motocomposite seems to be the least cost CF stuff for the SCRs and wanted to know if the product quality is there.

For a front fender that needs more durability, would it be better to get the CF/fiberglass and not the pure CF, also the matte vs glossy finish? I'd think for a fender the best would be matte CF/Fiberglass?

Thanks and keep up the video posts!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would definitely recommend going with Motocomposite - had an issue with my order and customer service was pretty quick to help out. Also shipping from Canada to Southeastern US was fairly quick as well. The quality is actually really good - I went with the matte/twill and it looks amazing - super happy with it. The quality of the carbon fiber panels is pretty impressive - looks like it could have come out of the factory.

So I ended up going with the pure CF with matte/twill for the front fender. Basically the pure CF was in stock and it would have been a few weeks for the CF/fiberglass to be made and sent out. The fender looks great and felt pretty durable when I was getting it installed on the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts