Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the bikes I have owned have ultimately been let down by the exhaust finish, over time the chrome peels or if steel they go brown or rusty! This time I decided to try ceramic coating.
I think it's a kinda Marmite thing, some love it, some hate it!
The finish I chose is called titanium and I like it.
As a note, don't ever be fooled by how hard it is to get the rear pipe out of the frame!
It was a nightmare! :grumpy:
exhaust.JPG

·
Registered
817 Posts
Quite like the titanium. Not sure on black ceramic coatings as they always seem to wear/tarnish around the front pipe anyway. At least with stainless you can quite easily polish it up again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does the ceramic coating noticeably reduce any of the heat given off by the exhaust?

I want black pipes for looks but wondering if it has any effect on them too?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Got the headers and stock shotgun exhaust ceramic coated 3 years ago... WOW time flies...
They were a beautiful deep black when I got it. I got a deal on it by getting it done with a friend who also wanted to get their scrambler exhaust done. Also got the heat shield and foot pegs done at the same time. $200 all together.

This is shortly after I replaced the exhaust with New Rage Cycle's.
You can see the discoloring of the front header over time... I have a feeling it's due to the heat.
I have seen other's done that don't have this happening, but don't know how long they've had theirs done.

DUC_TURNSIGNALS-07-2018_01.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts