Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Have you checked the user manual? :glasses12:

In all seriousness, the chain on an 1100 Special is just like the chain on any motorcycle. If you ride in dusty or rainy conditions you need to clean & lube more often than in dry conditions. Every few hundred km's up to 1000 or more.

When it comes to which lube is best, that's nearly like an oil thread.... some prefer spray on wax, others lithium grease, and some go as far as anally putting a tiny drop of oil on every O-ring.... Just regulary clean it and make sure it's protected enough so it can't rust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just cleaned my chain recently, be sure to use some card board or something behind the chain and in front of your rim! Got a little bit of overspray on my rim and I am still kicking myself. If anyone knows how to clean a little bit off the rim, that would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Workshop manual for the 800 says:

FortNine tested Gear Oil against more specialty (and expensive) stuff here:
Use an oily film, kind of like a Scottoiler does but it is in a controlled way over a longer period of time. I use it turned right down and my chains are always have a perfect shimer with no mess on the wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How often should you lubricate the chain on 1100 special and what is the best stuff
It depends on your driving style / conditions (dry/wet/muddy) and temperature.
Try to Keep the chain really clean. Nearly every new motorcycle chain is permanent lubricated at its Joints (o-ring/x-ring) and just needs a thin oil film.
Check it every time before you ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts