Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scrambler speedometer new 2019 vs 2016

I want to put the new original 2019 speedometer for my Scrambler 2016 scrambler. My Dealer started to say it will be very expensive you need to change half of scrambler parts. (Brains, sensors, ETC) Anybody has got some suggestions?
sped.jpg

·
Registered
908 Posts
Sorry for this I hate it when people do it to me. Buy a new 2019 bike.
Sorry again for no sensible suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
54 Posts
If you just want it for looks then I guess it may be possible but not all the functions may work.
If you want it to be fully functional with all the extras that the pre-2019 display did not have then you'd be in for new sensors, wiring harness and maybe a load of electronics too. I can't see that it would be cost effective.
I the look of the older bikes is a motive then it may, and I stress may, be easier to buy a new bike and make it look like an older one, but having all the toys that the new model has.

My opinion and based on nothing more.

Rob

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's too bad the gauges aren't a plug and play from the new models onto the older models. I'd love to have one of these as well, especially just for the gear indicator feature. I've had to start memorizing certain speeds at different RPM's for me to remember what gear that means I'm in (ie: 50mph @ ~4,000 RPM's = 4th gear).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts