Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Christmas Stuff?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Armo 
#1 ·
I've ridden a lot of gravel/fire road with exposed oil filters. Never poked a hole in one, but always worried. So, for XMAS ...

Vehicle Motorcycle Auto part Tire Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 ·
Yep, Christmas goodies!

Although I haven't had my Scrambler delivered -supposedly to arrive end or Feb or in March- Santa thought it would be a good idea to start collecting CNC pr0n for the Desert Sled. I just got a new Garmin 276Cx in November, which I will use on my Desert Sled, just like I use on my current bike (DR650SE).

I personally hate RAM mounts, and I don't like a GPS mounted on a crossbar either. I solved this on my DR650 by installing new oversized bars, and put the GPS right between the bar clamps. Like this:

I want the exact same setup on my Desert Sled. Unfortunately, this is impossible with the narrow bar clamps from the Scrambler, especially with the "bridge" between the two caps. Santa came up with a nice solution:

The existing clamps will be replaced with set that bolts right onto the upper triple tree, omitting the OEM bar clamps. It comes with a new bracket for the speedo, and is adjustable in height and forward/aft position. With the wider clamps I feel it's safe to remove the crossbar from the OEM handlebars -or swap them against Full Throttle bars, same 1 1/8" size-.

Oh, and I also got one of these

950 grams of pure helmet lightness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.