Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made some mods to the new scooter with the story (to my bride) that its due to the Seattle weather, and couldn't be helped. Truth be told, it was a lot of fun - it's only money. . .
duc1 (0).JPG
duc1 (1).JPG
duc1 (2).JPG
duc1 (3).JPG

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Interesting. I like the idea of the screen but for me it looks too tall.

I also like the idea of bar end mirrors but in the past I've found they aren't good enough for me.

I like the grips and can though. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
You've got a good eye for detail, TD. The diamond-grid pattern on seat, grips, and muffler screens pulls it all together.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Somebody once said "What separates us from the lower creatures, is that we can accessorize"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the confidence Elivisto, but it is made by Rizoma. It's supposed to go on a BMW Nine T. The brushed aluminum finish matches the fenders perfectly. I had to drill a couple of holes and reshape the brackets with a hammer, but it was easy (half a beer job). You can turn the banjo bolt on the brake reservoir and route the cables in behind it.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Your bike looks great, toona-dave!

Grip warmers are always one of my first mods. Do you mind to tell me where you tied in for switched power? Thanks.

Sarah

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After finding a flat battery twice after work (I forget to turn them off, )I changed out the direct battery hookup by splicing into the USB wires under the seat. Easy to get to and ID. I'm not an electrically talented sort of person.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Me either, that's why I thought I'd better ask. And I know all about waking up to a dead battery, so it's switched power from now on. Lots of times I'll tie into the license plate light, I'll take a look at that, too. Thanks again.

Sarah

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Surprisingly well. It makes a huge difference on long highway travel days. Subsequent to my adaptation of a BMW 9T wind sreen, the folks at Rizoma now have the same screen with their own mounting brackets specific to the Scrambler.

·
Registered
733 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts