Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering if anyone has fitted a clear clutch cover or whether it can be done on the 1100?

thanks

·
Registered
794 Posts
It can be done. Ducabike has a kit but it's very expensive because you also need to replace the part of the enginecase that holds the clutch(unlike on the Panigale).
It does look cool though.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Clear cover oil bath clutch Ducati

cnc have a kit 550 euro is a lot but its stating plug and play no modification too good to be true?
Not to good to be true I think but with this kit you will get a view of the ugly clutch plates and housing. You will need to ad these parts aswell to achieve what you are looking for. It does look really nice though, I think I prefer it to the Ducabike kit. Still it will set you back at least 750 euro's pre tax. I also like the clear clutch covers but it doesn't serve much use and the original engine casing is also pretty good looking.

Pressure plate oil bath clutch Ducati

Ring pressure plate oil bath clutch Ducati

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lot of money for literally just looks
Yep, I'd go with the carbon bits first but I'd love to have one of these as well.
Umm, I will put some feelers out at scrapyards but the chances of finding a bike with on are mighty remote.
More chance of a seller selling one on for a bit of cash.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Lot of money for literally just looks
Aye, you’re right. But, if you do need into the clutch plates and it seems the Scramblers are weak so it’s quite likely then there’s no need to drop the oil or lay the bike on it’s side as you just pop the clear window off to access the clutch and the oil level is below that.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Dam! I never thought of that :D

(that said, I never touched the clutch in 9000 miles, I just check the freeplay frequently)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Dam! I never thought of that :D

(that said, I never touched the clutch in 9000 miles, I just check the freeplay frequently)
Me neither (on any bike of mine) but read a lot about it on here. Newer ones on hydraulic less so. I fitted one to my wife’s Diavel and noticed the fitment list covers most of wet clutch Ducati’s from way back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts