Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these on ebay, advertised as being from an old supersport. I liked the fact they were at least somewhat OEM haha so I rolled the dice and they fit great on the scrambler! They have enough rise to put your hands just above the top clamp so it's not as extreme as a straight up clip on. Note though, it looks like you can set them up even higher, but you cannot (at least on mine) because of a conflict with the bolts that mount the headlight to the bars. They are definitely narrower than the OEM bars from the cafe trim, but you can squeeze all controls on safely. They are drilled for the locator holes on the switches as well so it should be a pretty easy bolt on for other scramblers. I did have to file a small notch on the right side brake lever mount to get it to fit. As seen in the first pic it sights right up against the weld there, and in one spot the weld protruded 1-2mm into where that mounting bracket must go so I had to file it down. Slight hassle, but I love how narrow these are compared to the OEM cafe bars they have a much more proper clip on look and feel, whereas the OEM cafe bars are essentialy just low rise bars with a different aesthetic.

The Rizoma gauge bracket is more straightforward... bought that brand new this spring for $170. Great condition, all hardware included. You can mount the clip ons with the gauge in stock location, but you are limited to a very sharp angle that I found quite uncomfortable. So while it's physically possible I can't say I'd recommend it.

It is crazy how much this transforms the experience of the bike! Makes it very fun to ride on twisties and in my opinion it looks incredible. I'm going a different route with the bike now though (setting it up for more long distance type duties), so looking to find a new home for these.

$100 shipped for the bars
$150 shipped for the gauge bracket
$225 shipped for both

Prices are before Paypal fees. Would possibly trade towards panniers/luggage racks, slip on exhaust, or passenger grab rail.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the ebay add said 97-99 supersport or something like that? Not sure, but after messaging the seller and him confirming the diameter was 50mm I figured I'd give it a go and they fit like a glove. The clamp fits perfect and to my surprise the metal is very bendy/pliable. So you just spread them open to slide them onto the fork without scratching anything, then put the bolts in and torque them and you're set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts