Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been loving my FTP, has over 1000 miles on it now since I brought it home a month ago. I love almost everything about it besides the wide bars. Makes for some interesting situations when I'm lane splitting. I've been looking at clip ons, but are Rizomas and Woodcrafts our only options? Cause the Rizomas are pretty, but pretty expensive, and I don't like the look of Woodcraft riser clip ons. I was hoping there would be other routes out there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could, but honestly I like the look of clip ons. I've ridden a Cafe a few times and it was honestly not uncomfortable. Do our bikes take 41mm clip ons?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You might try the clubman handlebars...$26 on Revzilla -- link below. At that cheap of a price, you can't go wrong in terms of just trying it out. I put them on my Classic and really like the feel. You'll have to drill holes on the bars, but that's easy if you take your time, measure twice, and then twice again, etc.

That said, I would far PREFER clip-ons because I think clip-ons have a better look, but I just don't feel like paying the higher price for the clip-ons + gauge relocation kit. I'm sort of surprised that at nearly 3 years in, there are very few choices for after-market upgrades.

Bike Master Clubman 7/8" Handlebars - RevZilla

·
Registered
239 Posts
While you put on the clip-ons, be sure to check out adjustable footpegs and shifter.

I had a FT handlebar on my scrambler and it was all wrong because footpegs placements (arches on footpegs). I move my feet more rearward (ball on footpegs) and felt almost right. I kinda wish for the footpegs to be more rearward.

So, there are parts available, Motowheels sells them. Bonamici Adjustable Billet Rearsets: Ducati Scrambler

·
Registered
54 Posts
You might try the clubman handlebars...$26 on Revzilla -- link below. At that cheap of a price, you can't go wrong in terms of just trying it out. I put them on my Classic and really like the feel. You'll have to drill holes on the bars, but that's easy if you take your time, measure twice, and then twice again, etc.

That said, I would far PREFER clip-ons because I think clip-ons have a better look, but I just don't feel like paying the higher price for the clip-ons + gauge relocation kit. I'm sort of surprised that at nearly 3 years in, there are very few choices for after-market upgrades.

Bike Master Clubman 7/8" Handlebars - RevZilla
Is this the exact bar that you’ve purchased for your classic?

Thank you

·
Registered
54 Posts
I heard that 50 mm woodcraft clip on will fit our bikes but you will need a spacer because brake master cylinder won't fit. I never try yet. There's a another thread on woodcraft clip on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts