Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just the clock or...? Can you post a picture of what you're seeing?

When do you know for certain it was working most recently? Did anything significant happen to the bike since then (winter storage, electrical issues, contact with a wall or other surface)?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dropped the bike september last year. Clock has crack going round edge. It works intermittently...I either ride and it works or I ride and the digital screen is blank. Can be made to work if i turn engine off and on again. Moisyure getting in I reckon. When its not working it is just blank with only the lights on outer edge illuminating (indicators etc).I'll post a pick tomorrow

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Ah, the whole display. For a second I thought just the clock -time displayed-.

Must be a faulty contact or connector. Have you tried taking it off, and gently opening it? could be as simple as checking the internal connectors if there are any. Clean them and put it back on.

Be careful though not to destroy it

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is easy to do ... I recently took my speedo/display apart when changing my bars over.
I managed it - so anyone can.
In addition to Max's suggestion - maybe use some electrical contact cleaner on the connector....
SNAG-0123.png

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may well do as suggested. Fairly sure that the cracked screen is letting in moisture so its just a countdown to it being f%^$ked. Just wondering if anyone has put a different/interesting new clock/speedo on?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I may well do as suggested. Fairly sure that the cracked screen is letting in moisture so its just a countdown to it being f%^$ked. Just wondering if anyone has put a different/interesting new clock/speedo on?
Is it not part of the 'brain' and therefore you have to stick with the original?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ducati Omaha usually have good diagrams with part numbers, but for the Scrambler they simply have a note that reads "Scrambler Models - Diagrams not available online, please Contact Us at [email protected]"

This is the only diagram I could find online, but I'm not sure the Code is the actual Part No: Star Twin: the online shop for Ducati OEM spare parts and accessories.

I would hit up Ducati Omaha and see what they charge for the part.

This is the most in depth thread I could find on the topic: http://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/replacing-the-control-panel.24601/

Of course, a dealer should be able to replace it too.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Parts diagrams with Ducati part nos and price (in UK£) are available at www.bike-parts-ducati.com
The cost of a new dash will make your eyes water :crybaby2:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think the "ring" is simply the decorative bezel and the "glass" is incorporated into the dash unit itself.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
They know how to charge once you're in the camp don't they! I always thought it would be interesting to add up the price of all the parts (eg from the link Derek posted) and see just how much our bikes are worth broken up. Sadly I'm way too lazy and I suck at maths. ;)

Good luck. hopefully you'll find a solution soon.

·
Registered
764 Posts
There is another post on hear somewhere from a guy who fitted a used dash to his Scrambler. The dash contains the immobiliser which is paired to the ECU, so normally if you fit a used dash the immobiliser won't talk to the ECU and the bike wont start. However, he was able to dismantle both dashes and swap the innards over, maintaining the immobiliser function and the odometer reading. It would be worthwhile searching for that post.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is another post on hear somewhere from a guy who fitted a used dash to his Scrambler. The dash contains the immobiliser which is paired to the ECU, so normally if you fit a used dash the immobiliser won't talk to the ECU and the bike wont start. However, he was able to dismantle both dashes and swap the innards over, maintaining the immobiliser function and the odometer reading. It would be worthwhile searching for that post.

I linked to this thread in this one already: http://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/replacing-the-control-panel.24601/

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's the thread I was thinking of and it looks like the "glass" is part of the outer ring.
You're right...glass looks integral to ring. yay, there is hope. Besides, Like Deano, I am too lazy and suck at maths so getting stuck into pairing ECUs with immobilisers sounds out of my comfort zone.
Thanks for all the comments so far people. Gonna have a nap now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally getting around to sorting out the clock face. Does anyone know where I can source the part in the UK? I've got the part number from the post early in the thread (KJS) but cant source it in the UK. Postage almost doubles the cost so trying to avoid the suggested site.....Hope you can help

1 - 20 of 20 Posts