Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else got a rattle which changes depending on whether clutch is engaged or not.
Not the dry clutch sound of other Ducatis.
Clutch lever out - rattle
Clutch lever in - rattle stops
Sounds like what I know on previous engines to be basket rattle..
All seems to work fine so will mention it to the dealer when it's in for it's service,

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, it's noticeable in neutral when stopped. Nothing abnormal with it, as far as I know. Many people have reported hearing it on the forum.

Might not be plates rattling, but the gears rattling when transmission is disengaged (neutral)...or it could just be any odd thing that vibrates when the transmission isn't in the chain to absorb some of the idle vibrations.

Let us know if the dealer has anything to say about it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's noticeable in neutral when stopped. Nothing abnormal with it, as far as I know. Many people have reported hearing it on the forum.

Might not be plates rattling, but the gears rattling when transmission is disengaged (neutral)...or it could just be any odd thing that vibrates when the transmission isn't in the chain to absorb some of the idle vibrations.

Let us know if the dealer has anything to say about it.
Cheers, I will see what they say. I'm not unduly worried about it as everything else is working as it should.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts