Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Scrambler Icon has just had its 15,000-mile service. Two days later I noticed clutch slip during hard acceleration. Coincidence?
There's the normal free-play in the clutch lever movement.
I mentioned it to the service guys and asked if there's any other adjustment, down at the clutch itself... was told "no".
Is 15,000 miles a fair life for a clutch set?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Ducati Scrambler Icon burnt the clutch at 22,000 km ,, is this normal? As i have other bikes which have way more mileage than this without any clutch issue..

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yes and no.

Technicians have told me the clutch on the Scrambler is a bit of a weak point. It will be alright as long as it’s adjusted perfect at all times.

Since most of us aren’t that diligent and there’s conflicting advice on how much free play or allow or not... we see a lot of toasted scrambler clutches.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all, I've gone through this exact issue, clutch slipping under power, I also thought it was clutch related.
It is BUT its not the main culprit.
It is the Clutch Springs on the Ducati Scrambler.
This MUST be an issue that Ducati is not telling anybody about.
There must have been a Torque setting at the Ducati Factory that was not set to 10Nm.
If the Clutch springs are not Torqued Correctly the Clutch plates do not hold and wear prematurely.
My ICON's clutch was toast at 7,700kms.
I ordered a new OEM clutch and installed it, set it to the same settings as OEM went for a test ride and under power the clutch still slipped!
This Baffled me and I asked a few Ducati Mechanic Friends, they said the Plates should basically be crushed to the basket.
Back to the Drawing Board I went, so I tightened the springs to 10Nm, adjust the the cable as per Manual settings.
And the problem is no more.

It is critical that the clutch springs are torqued correctly or the power of the engine wears the clutch plates.

Here is my video.
Hope this helps for other Scramblers who have this issue as I don't think its going away.

Cheers Dan.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts