Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just put some clip on (the one that goes on forks) on my icon. Love the feel and the look. I don’t know if it’s normal or not. Engine is off, I was in first gear, I press the clutch to move my bike and I felt a lot of tension. I needed extra forces to move the bike. I can’t recall how it was before. Plus, I try to adjust my clutch cable and nothing has change.

Any ideas? Or it’s normal.

Thank you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Are both cable ends properly seated? No sharp bends?
Is this causing the problem? (Picture)

Plus, when I pull the clutch lever, on the other end of the cable, it moves (near the motor oil cap).

I started to bike on first gear with the clutch on, it worked.

I test drove my bike today around the block, I was in first gear press the clutch, it felt normal. The bike was moving smoothly, no breaking or whatsoever.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Ok, engine shut off (cold?), gear in first, pull in clutch and moving your bike and you feel clutch drag?

Normal, most wet clutches do that

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

Plus, when I pull the clutch lever, on the other end of the cable, it moves (near the motor oil cap).

I test drove my bike today around the block, I was in first gear press the clutch, it felt normal. The bike was moving smoothly, no breaking or whatsoever.
The clutch cable in the photo is way too kinked to work properly.
You need to snip the zip ties that hold the cable to the frame on the right side (seen below the tank). This will allow you to pull some cable through and make a slightly bigger loop where the cable turns down just at the front edge of the seat to the clutch casing. You can also pull some through to behind the headlight area, this will all add up to much more gentle route for the cable.
To be honest, this is one of the reasons there's been so many clutch problems.

·
Registered
734 Posts

looking to the picture cable appears to be bend(will take pictures from my bike to compare)
also check clutch adjustment, page 118 at owner's manual.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, engine shut off (cold?), gear in first, pull in clutch and moving your bike and you feel clutch drag?

Normal, most wet clutches do that
Bike is on winter mode since november 2017

Yes, it felt like the clutch is dragging.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The clutch cable in the photo is way too kinked to work properly.
You need to snip the zip ties that hold the cable to the frame on the right side (seen below the tank). This will allow you to pull some cable through and make a slightly bigger loop where the cable turns down just at the front edge of the seat to the clutch casing. You can also pull some through to behind the headlight area, this will all add up to much more gentle route for the cable.
To be honest, this is one of the reasons there's been so many clutch problems.

Did it, don’t have much room to pull more.

The thing is, I put oem handlebar back and it’s still dragging.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’ll update the thread soon I have the chance to make a little ride.

Thanks all for your quick response

1 - 19 of 19 Posts