Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a issue with my clutch, the bike has 6000 kms on it. Recently it was stolen however they didn't get very far fortunately. The guy started it and proceeded to put it in the ditch right away where it was left. I believe it was left running with the bike laying on it's right side. When I recovered the bike I replaced the broken clutch lever and few other small items. However when I try to put it in gear you can feel that the clutch is not working as it grinds they gears when you push the shifter. I tried to adjust the clutch at the shifter and at the adjustment at the fuel tank with no success. I have pulled apart the clutch to inspect it, there is no apparent wear on the discs and no traces of excessive filings in the oil. All the friction plates are free and not sticking to each other.
Not sure on where to go next so looking for some experienced advice here before I send it to the dealer.

Thanks in advance, Derek

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
So you feel it grinding somewhere just by pulling and releasing the lever? Is the adjuster on the perch still straight?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have a issue with my clutch, the bike has 6000 kms on it. Recently it was stolen however they didn't get very far fortunately. The guy started it and proceeded to put it in the ditch right away where it was left. I believe it was left running with the bike laying on it's right side. When I recovered the bike I replaced the broken clutch lever and few other small items. However when I try to put it in gear you can feel that the clutch is not working as it grinds they gears when you push the shifter. I tried to adjust the clutch at the shifter and at the adjustment at the fuel tank with no success. I have pulled apart the clutch to inspect it, there is no apparent wear on the discs and no traces of excessive filings in the oil. All the friction plates are free and not sticking to each other.
Not sure on where to go next so looking for some experienced advice here before I send it to the dealer.

Thanks in advance, Derek
See my reply on the other forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts