Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well, was getting pretty wonky at 35Kmi. Couldn't afford my dealer AND I didn't want Ducati parts. So dedicated January to installing the Barnett Kit. Between YouTube, manuals and parts explosions no problems. I like the Barnett kit. Heavier springs but I can't tell the difference in the lever. Works like new now. All the plates were heavily worn.

Registered
Great job with new clutch kit, have heard good reviews about Barnett. You are lucky to have reached 41,000 miles with your stock clutch, I need to change my clutch plates as it was almost done by about 16000 mi, it still have some grip left. I have dropped my bike with the dealer, going for a stock clutch replacement, its a shame Barnett was not easily available for me in my country

Registered
Great job with new clutch kit, have heard good reviews about Barnett. You are lucky to have reached 41,000 miles with your stock clutch, I need to change my clutch plates as it was almost done by about 16000 mi, it still have some grip left. I have dropped my bike with the dealer, going for a stock clutch replacement, its a shame Barnett was not easily available for me in my country
鈥 managed only 11,000 km !

Registered
This is posted in the "common problems" forum, but surely this is not mean to be a problem having a worn out clutch at 40k miles?? Is there a "scrambler greatest accomplishments" forum this can be moved to?

Registered
This is posted in the "common problems" forum, but surely this is not mean to be a problem having a worn out clutch at 40k miles?? Is there a "scrambler greatest accomplishments" forum this can be moved to?
LOL, no kidding! Clutches are wearable items. I abuse my clutches with lots of wheelies and launches. Now changing shifter forks is another issue entirely. I don't think I will ever get 41K miles out of a single motorcycle, much less a clutch! LOL.

Registered
My first clutch melted at 7,700Kms! I found out that the OEM springs weren鈥檛 tig enough.

Also did a YouTube video.

Registered
My first clutch melted at 7,700Kms! I found out that the OEM springs weren鈥檛 tig enough.

Also did a YouTube video.
Great video, wish I had it when I did mine. I'll just throw in there that when I replaced my clutch, my clutch cover had another tab on the top that required the removal of the belt covers. I was prying and prying, but that tab kept it from coming apart. Not sure if it's a tab that got removed on later models, but it frustrated the crap out of me. It didn't show in the maintenance manual, either. Just a heads up to others.

Registered
Great video, wish I had it when I did mine. I'll just throw in there that when I replaced my clutch, my clutch cover had another tab on the top that required the removal of the belt covers. I was prying and prying, but that tab kept it from coming apart. Not sure if it's a tab that got removed on later models, but it frustrated the crap out of me. It didn't show in the maintenance manual, either. Just a heads up to others.
I have a 2015 Icon 鈥 I didn't seem to have any issues with tabs on the clutch cover only issue I had was having to belt three coats of shit out of it to break it free from the instant gasket.

Registered
I have a 2015 Icon 鈥 I didn't seem to have any issues with tabs on the clutch cover only issue I had was having to belt three coats of shit out of it to break it free from the instant gasket.
Here's what I was looking at on mine. Blue is the tab that was used for leverage to pry and separate the halves in the video (I think). Red is the one that bound behind the belt covers, frustrating me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts