Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Your dealer's being a miser. Inform Ducati asap.

Never heard of the bike having problems with highways. Runs fine on PCH (highway 1) and few other highways.

·
Registered
954 Posts
The Dealer wont honor warranty
It is not the dealers call. It is a warranty from Ducati and Ducati need to make the call on warranty.
Having said that a clutch is a wear item and if the clutch were showing signs of being abused (like for example it was cooked from being slipped all the time) it is conceivable that there could be issues with getting it replaced. At 18,000km (12,000 miles) that is would be highly unlikely.
Talk directly to Ducati in whatever country you are in an get them to contact the dealer.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
In Ducatis defense, if the clutch indeed shows sings of being abused (not saying it does btw!!), they can deny warranty.

I've seen too many bikers riding a twin as if it was a CBR400RR.....

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'd be interested to know what dealer would actually say such a thing. Anybody that full of bull deserves to be called out. I can understand the clutch may be considered a wear item, no issue there.

Sarah

·
Registered
292 Posts
My clutch went at 18,000km. The Dealer wont honor warranty say Ducati Scramblers not suited for Highway use or road trips. OPINIONS?
As has been said, that's just silly.

Also, I don't understand how he's trying to blame highway use, where you don't use the clutch as much for your clutch failure. That's idiotic.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thing is - it is a wear item so ??

How many miles will a clutch last with normal city / highway riding ?
Like brakes and tyres it depends entirely on how it is used but I would be pissed if I ever had to replace a clutch on a motorcycle at anything less than 100,000 km and on a Japanese bike probably twice that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts