Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my Scrambler has started making a rattling sound when the clutch is engaged (lever out), disappears when the lever is pulled. More noticeable when cold, reduces somewhat after a long ride. Anyone else have this?

2015 F/T with 2500 miles.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yup. 2015 Icon with around 3100 miles. I've been noticing it since mile 1000 or so. I don't spend much time idling with the clutch out so I've mostly forgotten about it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hi, my Scrambler has started making a rattling sound when the clutch is engaged (lever out), disappears when the lever is pulled. More noticeable when cold, reduces somewhat after a long ride. Anyone else have this?

2015 F/T with 2500 miles.[/QUOTE

Most of my bikes over the last 35 years have made some sort of lumpy noise with the clutch lever out, some loud some not so loud.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
V twins tend to do this more than most, the throttle bodies will go out of balance over time and the noise is usually the clutch basket pulsing. An oil change can help sometimes by damping things down better.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
No need to balance our throttle bodies on the Scrambler.
Why not ??
I've not done it on my Scrambler yet but I will at some point, same as I do with everything else. In fact I've just done it on my 1290 Superduke which were miles out from the factory.
Unless of course there's only one throttle body, I've not looked yet but something in the back of mind thinks that's maybe the case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts