Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At times, when I accelerate hard from slow speed and past 100-120, it feels as if the rear wheel loses grip for a fraction of a second before finding it again. First time it happened I figured it might have been a mud or diesel stain, but after several incidents I've more or less ruled it out. Can it be the clutch slipping? If it actually is the rear wheel, why would it slip at 120 and not at 30-110, as I had full throttle all the way? The tarmac around here is winter-worn and it's getting colder, so.. I don't know.

As I got my license about 6 weeks ago I'm not experienced enough as a driver to feel the difference between the two. Anyone else felt it happen?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
At times, when I accelerate hard from slow speed and past 100-120, it feels as if the rear wheel loses grip for a fraction of a second before finding it again. First time it happened I figured it might have been a mud or diesel stain, but after several incidents I've more or less ruled it out. Can it be the clutch slipping? If it actually is the rear wheel, why would it slip at 120 and not at 30-110, as I had full throttle all the way? The tarmac around here is winter-worn and it's getting colder, so.. I don't know.

As I got my license about 6 weeks ago I'm not experienced enough as a driver to feel the difference between the two. Anyone else felt it happen?
Not the clutch "slipping", but this by design. the Scrambler is equipped with a slipper clutch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Unless its snowing out or you are on dirt, there's no way it's your rear wheel. Is this in 6th gear? Your clutch is more likely to slip in a higher gear if it's having problems. I think I'd bring it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I thought the slipper design was only on hard decel from a downshift? I've never experienced what the OP is stating in over 7500 miles.
My mistake, I misread his post (it says "accelerate", but my brain saw "decelerate).

If this is the case, just adjust the clutch cable - mine was way out from the dealer (among other things).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts