Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 2018 scrambler full throttle that I had second service done and now the clutch is slipping especially when the bike is hot clutch has been adjusted correctly from the cable. I did notice that when I got it back from the service that was serviced by license technician there was too much oil in it so I drain the oil back down to where it should be but still getting significant slippage. I'm sure it's related to the clutch slipping issue but I've also noticed that the bike used to top out at 132 now I can't get it to go above 118. Also it used to fire right up cold or hot now I'm having trouble getting it to start correctly and I'm smelling raw gas when trying to start it

·
Registered
193 Posts
Bugger! Do you know what oil was put in? Some oils have additives which are really bad news for motorcycle clutch plates. Also there is an oil feed to the clutch which has to be set up very specifically. Ducati screwed this up in the scrambler by removing the adjustable nipple and replacing it with a nut and shims. Pressure of oil to the clutch has to be adjusted witin 30 seconds from cold so very hard to do. Don't see why they should of messed with this but wrong quantity of wrong oil sounds possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts