Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is experiencing the odd backfire/stalling issue (has happened 5-6 times in 250 miles), and while trying to trace the breather tubes, I noticed that one of the 3 tubes from this solenoid looking thing (SAI?) is partially collapsed. I am unsure of how to re-route this tube to prevent this from happening, or if it would even have an adverse impact on anything. What do you think?

This is on the right side of the bike, behind the triangular black plastic piece. The left most tube from the SAI loops around (behind the frame) and then comes up, where the kink is.

Just for the sake of information, my backfiring is only when coasting in a gear, and then I attempt to downshift and blip the throttle, but doesn't happen every single time I do this. When I open the lid on the gas tank, I get a noticeable but slight suction noise, so I am 99.9% sure the breather tube is the problem here and this is just a red herring.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Call your dealer, share your concerns, send him this picture.

It's the rear cylinder's AIS hose, which makes a rather interesting loop (part #9 in this pic)

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 3.41.34 PM.png

I don't know if this will solve the flame out you have every now and then, mine does the exact same (coming to a stop, while blipping). But sometimes it doesn't for weeks... Just blip less and keep the throttle a smidgen open instead.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The fuel breather pipes (under gas tank) could be kinked causing suction when you open the cap. That was the case for me.
Interested to read about the possible AIS pipes blockage causing 'misfires'. Will look into this as mine stalls occasionally.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts