Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I believe I am the first person with this exhaust, so I feel as if I should write a quick review and educate the masses.

After calling Laura every Monday for about 6 weeks, the exhaust was finally ready. Sight unseen, I told her I wanted full stainless and to expedite the shipping. Minutes later my order was confirmed, and a few hours later it shipped! It should up in time for the weekend just as she promised. They are based out of Oregon, and it made it to Maine, in two quick days.

To describe the exhaust, it's actually hard, for I don't have a vocabulary worthy of their product. The welds are beyond amazing. The quality of materials, attention to detail, precision, even the care in packing was above any company I've dealt with.

The sound... ABSOLUTELY MENACING! It's LOUD! It's deep, throaty, and super aggressive sounding. Did I mention it's LOUD!? If you are looking for an exhaust that is just a little bit louder than stock, then this isn't the one for you. If you are looking for an exhaust that scares grandmas, makes kids give you the thumbs up, then this is THE exhaust for you. Its not just loud, its eargasmic. The Scrambler makes a wonderful exhaust tone now, and its heard throughout the revs. While the exhaust is loud, it still has an amazing sound and tone. The rumble, grunt, and ear blasting fun to be had now is above my expectations. With all of this being said, I quickly ordered the silencer in hopes to keep the local P.D. from hassling me too much. Plus I find myself riding to work at 5am or coming home super later on weekends, sometimes after midnight, so hopefully the insert will prevent my neighbors from completely hating me.

My video is very quick and basic. Ill try to capture some videos of the exhaust at a fly by within the next few days.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid $499, then $10 for two day shipping. The black center was an option, but it was $30 more, and I prefer the full stainless.

I just checked their website, and didnt see the Scrambler listed. My suggestion would be to give them a call, and order it via phone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Know if they are going to be up on their site soon or can we just order straight from them?

Edit: saw the post above. Think i may call them next week.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No idea. If your impatient like myself, Id just call. Otherwise check the website daily until it appears.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I paid $499, then $10 for two day shipping. The black center was an option, but it was $30 more, and I prefer the full stainless.

I just checked their website, and didnt see the Scrambler listed. My suggestion would be to give them a call, and order it via phone.
I will give them a call for sure. Can't wait! and thank you for answering my question :)

·
Registered
8 Posts

Oh and btw, did you install it yourself? If so, how difficult/easy the process is?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed it myself, took about 10 minutes start to finish. If you can understand righty tighty, lefty loosey, then you can change the exhaust. Its two quick and easy allens and a spring to remove the oem exhaust. You take off the old one, slide in the new exhaust, attach it to the bracket, attach spring, tighten, done. Insanely easy and quick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed it myself, took about 10 minutes start to finish. If you can understand righty tighty, lefty loosey, then you can change the exhaust. Its two quick and easy allens and a spring to remove the oem exhaust. You take off the old one, slide in the new exhaust, attach it to the bracket, attach spring, tighten, done. Insanely easy and quick.
You got me so looking forward to this. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Very nice! Hope the DB killer tones it down just the way you want.

Sarah

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I did not tune the ECU. Werkes said it wasn't required. Im really waiting for the PUK intake to be released, then Ill buy that, a power commander, and get dyno tuned at my local Ducati dealership.

I wish I had weighed it before I put it on, but the weight savings are probably really close to 10lbs.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Probably OVER 10 lbs...

And none of the pipe maker are honest about remapping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you are not experiencing lean running (rough idle & just off idle, pulling hard in any range, running hot and excessive popping with a closed throttle) then Werkes is correct. It is a radical change for exhaust back pressure, etc. so I am somewhat surprised. But if your performance is golden then Werkes is in my future as well.

Stu

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just ordered mine and it should be here friday or saturday. My neighbors are going to love me especially since I leave to work at 5AM. HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ordered mine yesterday. Estimated delivery date is 9/15. Guess I live the furthest from Oregon. BTW - CW's website sucks, no free shipping, and they use FedEx. I couldn't wait any longer thus I ordered directly from them. But for others you might want to wait for other distributors who have a better ordering system, and free shipping.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just ordered mine and it should be here friday or saturday. My neighbors are going to love me especially since I leave to work at 5AM. HAHAHAHAHA
I wish you lived next to me. I need an effective alarm clock. And especially a "DucWerks" one.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts