Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Completely remove ABS?

10K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Deano968 
#1 ·
Anyone ever completely removed the ABS?

What did it take (apart from new brake hoses and removing the unit duh) to satisfy the bike's computer?

Just wondering...

#17 ·
Meccanico clearly sees ABS the way I do!
as ABS bikes are not currently able to function with only front, however If possible I would have front only abs with option to disable but NO rear ABS.

How many years riding has Zero to do with riding style.
Me and my brother Ernie EDUB Vigil detest ABS and are able to have Complete control ! of any Non-ABS bike.

Please look up Ernie Vigil and know how we ride is not possible with abs. In fact ABS brakes take away full control.

#18 ·
Meccanico clearly sees ABS the way I do!
as ABS bikes are not currently able to function with only front, however If possible I would have front only abs with option to disable but NO rear ABS.
@VehiCROS you may have missed the point, and you have done the same thing Meccanico did. You just made a statement as fact, which is incorrect. Motorcycles with ABS can have ABS in the front only with no ABS in the rear. Maybe we are to make assumptions about your statement, however, as stated you are incorrect. I have two Honda Groms in the garage with factory ABS on the front with no ABS on the rear. Maybe you were talking about the Scrambler, but you generalized your statement to all motorcycles.

The reason people make jokes about "I read it on the Internet, so it must be true, LOL" is because of generalized statements such as yours and Meccanico's. I don't expect this thread to change you or the world, but sometimes it is helpful to point out how generalized statements could cause problems for those less knowledgeable.

#26 ·
People - the original question was whether anyone had actually successfully removed the ABS unit (Success meaning not having a dash that looks like a Christmas tree, and having a functional non-ABS braking system, and other components, left over). The question was not why you would (or would not) want to remove the ABS, or how statements of fact are represented, or how safe ABS bikes are, etc.

The question was - has anyone removed it?

It would be useful in this forum (and many others) if we can remember the purpose of these question boards - that is for interested parties to ask questions and receive relevant answers.
I would suggest that if you have no direct knowledge or input to the primary question, do not post a reply? These boards are littered with thousands of questions that have gone off at a tangent, and although related to the primary question, do not offer any assistance to the question originally posted.

I found this thread as I want to delete the ABS on my UE, as I'm confident that I can live without it. I had to wade through your responses, about 80% of which are irrelevant. And this is a short thread! I found the answer (although I now need to figure out how to 'spoof' the bike into thinking there is an active ABS and leave the speedo sensor), but really, just think about how much time you all spend wading through comments that are not needed or relevant?

Thanks in advance.

#28 ·
Glad someone else posted my feelings exactly!! If someone asks a question, just give them the goddamn answer if you know it.....if you don't, shut the $53K up and dont put your oar in!! I too wanted the answer as my ABS is up the creek, and am not willing to pay £1500 for something i dont want, and in 42 years of riding motorcycles, have NEVER needed! All i want to do is plumb the brakes old school, and have a speedo and NO warning lights......But had to waste ages wading through opinions, that really did not help!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.