Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just recently installed my Scorpio 800 alarm (thanks Scoprio for ignoring my emails btw!) on my UE I decided to make a little how-to for alarm installations.

In the picture attached you will see the cables that need to be connected to the factory plug on the bike, with an explanation of what each of them do.

IMG_20160131_124606611.jpg

alarm_connection.jpg

Cable no 2 is the tail/parking light lead that we need to use in order to have the same effect as the indicators do for casual alarm installations.
Cable no 4 is ground/negative connection.
Cable no 5 is the permanent 12v connection (same as connecting to the positive of the battery).
Cable no 6 is the switched 12v connection (positive) used to give ignition switch signal to the alarm.

Comments:
  • Cable no 3 is marked as "to dash" but do not use it as I almost fried my bike playing around with it.
  • All alarms have two (2) leads for indicators but in our occasion we can use only one.
  • If someone is tempted to also use this connection for running/fog lights I am not sure if the cabling can handle the voltage, thus you are on your own.
  • On the side of the JST 8-pin connector you can find two numbers (a 4 and a 8) that will help you orientate the plug correctly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually used a female connector as the bike has the male. The screenshot that you see above is from the bikes harness end.

Part numbers:

Female Body: 08T-JWPF-VSLE-D
Male Pins: SWPT-001T-025

Male Body: 08R-JWPF-VSLE-D
Female Pins: SWPR-001T-P025

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having just recently installed my Scorpio 800 alarm (thanks Scoprio for ignoring my emails btw!) on my UE I decided to make a little how-to for alarm installations.

In the picture attached you will see the cables that need to be connected to the factory plug on the bike, with an explanation of what each of them do.

View attachment 4506

View attachment 4505

Cable no 2 is the tail/parking light lead that we need to use in order to have the same effect as the indicators do for casual alarm installations.
Cable no 5 is the permanent 12v connection (same as connecting to the positive of the battery).
Cable no 6 is the switched 12v connection (positive) used to give ignition switch signal to the alarm.

Comments:
  • Cable no 3 is marked as "to dash" but do not use it as I almost fried my bike playing around with it.
  • All alarms have two (2) leads for indicators but in our occasion we can use only one.
  • If someone is tempted to also use this connection for running/fog lights I am not sure if the cabling can handle the voltage, thus you are on your own.
  • On the side of the JST 8-pin connector you can find two numbers (a 4 and a 8) that will help you orientate the plug correctly.
COULD YOU ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO WHERE THE BIKES CONNECTOR IS LOCATED AND HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO ACCESS

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
COULD YOU ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO WHERE THE BIKES CONNECTOR IS LOCATED AND HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO ACCESS
Please do try to write in lower case, as it seems like you are shouting.

As for the connector you can find it right above the undertray, but you need to unscrew it in order to see it.

Reactions: Transworldmoto

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for that,and sorry for the shouting ,my caps lock was on and I didnt notice it until the end
Now I am sorted,Thanks again
F

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that,and sorry for the shouting ,my caps lock was on and I didnt notice it until the end
Now I am sorted,Thanks again
F
Cheers mate, if you want more details or photos ping me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts

As for the connector you can find it right above the undertray, but you need to unscrew it in order to see it.

sorry but that doesn't make sense to me, could you post a pic of the area? I've looked on my italia and can't find anything that looks like that, but I didn't take anything apart to find it either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry but that doesn't make sense to me, could you post a pic of the area? I've looked on my italia and can't find anything that looks like that, but I didn't take anything apart to find it either.
If you unscrew the undertray the connector is there, it is quite simple.

I will try to find the manual for the original Ducati alarm to post that has step by step instructions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did you use a crimp tool for the pins, or just use pliers ?
Crimp tool as I like my work tidy. You could go with pliers just keep in mind that the bike side connector hasn't got enough clearance between the terminals. So if not properly crimped the wires could short circuit.

·
Registered
56 Posts

View attachment 4506

View attachment 4505

Upon further inspection. #2 is headlight, tail light and license plate light. This doesn't include the indicators.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Crimp tool as I like my work tidy. You could go with pliers just keep in mind that the bike side connector hasn't got enough clearance between the terminals. So if not properly crimped the wires could short circuit.

that's not a cheap tool....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Upon further inspection. #2 is headlight, tail light and license plate light. This doesn't include the indicators.
There is no interface for the indicators mate, hence why I connected only one cable from the alarm.

Btw do yourself a favor and buy a crimp tool from eBay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
have you had any issues with your alarm? my i900 stopped working after a week of being installed.
Nope none whatsoever.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts