Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So - did some reading on the Constands Power lift yesterday and ended up ordering one from Motea. However, I suppose my research was pretty superficial because it was only later when I watched a few YouTube videos that I realized that it requires a socket to be permanently attached to the bike and that installing it involves removing an engine bolt.

Not to happy about neither. So I asked Motea to cancel the order this morning, figuring that I’d order a couple of standard paddock stands instead - or an Abba. However, Motea seems to be more busy handling orders than cancellation e-mails and this evening I got an “order shipped” message from them.

I can of course just return it as soon as I get it. But now that I DO get it: can anyone say a bit about the fitting process (easy/hard?) on the Scrambler (Icon, in my case) and how the socket “sits” on the bike? On YouTube I saw a guy fitting it on a Duc Super Sport and it stuck out nearly an inch from the frame...(frame slider included, if you’re positive...).

Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi,

So - did some reading on the Constands Power lift yesterday and ended up ordering one from Motea. However, I suppose my research was pretty superficial because it was only later when I watched a few YouTube videos that I realized that it requires a socket to be permanently attached to the bike and that installing it involves removing an engine bolt.

Not to happy about neither. So I asked Motea to cancel the order this morning, figuring that I’d order a couple of standard paddock stands instead - or an Abba. However, Motea seems to be more busy handling orders than cancellation e-mails and this evening I got an “order shipped” message from them.

I can of course just return it as soon as I get it. But now that I DO get it: can anyone say a bit about the fitting process (easy/hard?) on the Scrambler (Icon, in my case) and how the socket “sits” on the bike? On YouTube I saw a guy fitting it on a Duc Super Sport and it stuck out nearly an inch from the frame...(frame slider included, if you’re positive...).

Any input appreciated.
To fit the lifting socket all it involves is remove the engine mount bolt, turn it around and insert it back in from the right side, stash the nut and use the threaded lift socket in it’s place. Very simple to do and you’ll hardly notice it as it just looks like it’s meant to be there. The plus points by far outweigh the negatives, after a bit of setting up that is.
The sleeve is only an insert to put the lifting pin into instead of the hole in the frame for strength and avoid damaging the paint.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Søren,
I can’t say, because I ended up returning it. To be honest, I don’t remember why. Based on Hui’s answer above all seems fine. But back it went. Sorry I can’t be of any help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts