Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy the above.
Have noticed there is a big difference in price (from the same supplier) depending in which particular tyre you choose, eg r or zr.
Can anyone tell me exactly which ones (front and rear) I should be ordering?
Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looking to buy the above.
Have noticed there is a big difference in price (from the same supplier) depending in which particular tyre you choose, eg r or zr.
Can anyone tell me exactly which ones (front and rear) I should be ordering?
Thanks.
What kind of driving do you have, you prefer fast cornering, rain, dry, aggressive breaking? The tyres must perfect for you're riding and bike combination. There's no one model fits all kind of tyre.

Enviado desde mi PAR-LX9 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
896 Posts
ZR and R are the speed rating of the tyre. As far as I can see all the Continental Road Attack 3 tyres except the 100/90 x 18 are ZR rated.
The standard tyres on the Scrambler are R rated so as ZR is faster you could use either R or ZR rated tyres.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I fitted them to my 1100 scrambler - just around 1000 miles on them and they have worn less than 1mm on rear and 0.5mm on front - so so far expect to get 2 to 3 times the life I got on stock tyres.

Stock rear was about 2200 to 2300 miles before it was changed... so by now would have been close to 2.5mm wear.

Have not noticed any difference in ride or grip (ride in dry) or comfort. Obviously I would not recommend off roading with these..

Bought them from Openeo.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fitted them to my 1100 scrambler - just around 1000 miles on them and they have worn less than 1mm on rear and 0.5mm on front - so so far expect to get 2 to 3 times the life I got on stock tyres.

Stock rear was about 2200 to 2300 miles before it was changed... so by now would have been close to 2.5mm wear.

Have not noticed any difference in ride or grip (ride in dry) or comfort. Obviously I would not recommend off roading with these..

Bought them from Openeo.
Fantastic info. Simon. Cheers. Will check out Openeo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts