Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you managed to find new control clamps that lose the fitting for the mirror. It's my next mod but I'm not keen on just capping the clamps where the OEM mirrors used to be?

I'm in Australia btw.

Ta!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Have any of you managed to find new control clamps that lose the fitting for the mirror. It's my next mod but I'm not keen on just capping the clamps where the OEM mirrors used to be?

I'm in Australia btw.

Ta!
Turn them upside down, looks OK and don't fill with water. Even capped holes could get water driven in.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I filled them with a hardening black plastic putty. Once it hardens, it's a watertight seal and an E-Z-Out can remove it easily.

Once upon a time, on other bikes in the past, I filed them off and repainted the clamp. Lots of work...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I filled them with a hardening black plastic putty. Once it hardens, it's a watertight seal and an E-Z-Out can remove it easily.

Once upon a time, on other bikes in the past, I filed them off and repainted the clamp. Lots of work...
E-Z out may not be so cute on the left hand thread.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
You're right.
While I realize most owners will have these in their kit, LHT E-Z Outs have been omitted when I bought my lathe, drill press, AC DC Tig, Stick, Mig welders, 3 phase 200L compressor, car and bike lifts and thousands of £$ worth of tools including LH taps and dies for my well kitted custom shop.
I'll put in a requisition chit to my purchase manager but I reckon she'll say "coff"

·
Registered
234 Posts
:D

(Since I'll never take it out, I'm not worrying about it over-much. Of course, a left handed drill bit and electric drill would likely do the job well.)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turn them upside down, looks OK and don't fill with water. Even capped holes could get water driven in.
That's my plan B :). I've found some for a Triumph with 7/8" bars I may order and try, if I can psych myself up to spend 50 bucks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts