Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Corbin vs Mustang seat

8K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Armo 
#1 ·
So the seat on my scrambler is frankly terrible for my noassatall. My back side is completely numb in short order.

I'm looking at a couple seats, mainly the mustang and the Corbin. What I'm really curious is an I gonna be able to notice the almost 200 dollars of difference in price between the two?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Cool. I couldn't ride for more than an hour with the original, to the point where I would have to go faster to get home - serious discomfort...
The Mustang looks great and solved my comfort problems so I'm happy with it, I don't know about the other seats available but they seem to get good reviews so it might be down to your preference over colour/styling etc.

#12 ·
Seat was the first thing to go. We did a 1356 mile trip, on stock seats, the worse I have ever experienced. Bad design and padding. I have tried both Sargent and Corbin. Sargent wins. Lighter, more stock construction on pan, better padding. Just over all a better seat. IMO! Highly recommend

#14 ·
Even with the suspension sorted my butt still goes numb after 20 miles with the std icon saddle but with my scrambler independent leather saddle I can go for yonks:icon_bounce:
My mustang was comfy but placed my dodgy hips in a dodgy position so it's up for sale.

#19 ·
My theory is/was 'sort the suspension and the seat might well be OK'.
There is some support for my theory, though it's obviously not universally popular.
As an aside it may be that the oem seat on my FTP initially, is considered the best of a bad bunch.
I think your saddle is a similar shape to my independent which is mega comfy, the suspension change is more so you don't snap your spine whilst riding over the British potholes! The suspension upgrade does help with overall comfort its just the std icon one is bad, I have done over 100 miles on it but I paid a painful price in the butt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.