Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW R 1200 BLACK SABBATH.jpg

Rumors are circulating that BMW is working on a Scrambler of their own. So far, the thought is that they will base it on the R NineT.

Oberdan Bezzi has put together some amazing renderings of what these bikes might look like, and I, for one, am impressed. The 1200 motor along with the knobby tires make for an amazing package. The R NineT has the classic lines of the vintage bikes along with some very modern updates. Add to that some great looking knobby tires, and I think they have a winner. Although, I am sure that this bike will come in well above Ducati's Scrambler price point. This will be no budget bike. You will be in to it for at least the price of the R NineT, which sits at $15 grand.

BMW R 1200 BAJA.jpg

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Mmmm that second one is pretty sick. I doubt the price point will be reasonable if it's based off the R NineT.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Nah, count me out. I like them at a glance. OK until a spill occurs or trying to go between trees, stumps etc. Very vulnerable engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only thing is i dont think it will be as light and nimble as the Ducati.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It will probably come with a load of electronic gadgetry and rider aids which goes against what I think most of us buying THE Scrambler are after....the back to basics ethos......and it isn't a Ducati....nuff said!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used to take my BMW R1150R on some fairly rough and rocky fire roads, and it was surprisingly capable. I like these concepts and the current R NineT, and frankly was considering a R NineT before the Scrambler came along. The Ducati is my preference in two areas though: #1 much lighter #2 much less expensive. Not really that complicated a comparison. My wife thinks I'll regret not buying the R NineT so we shall see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
73kgs weight and 5'7 height here and definitely BMW is out of my mind plus BMW is too expensive here in the Philippines..

·
Registered
55 Posts
According to the bike press here in the UK its being pitched directly at the Ducati and Triumph and is expected to come in at under £8k! Now, I've had a GS with the old air cooled twin cam hex head engine and believe me it'll blow the Duc into the weeds and I have no doubt at all that it'll handle. I don't think it'll have all the bells and whistles of other BMW's due to the expected price. This will be a genuine rival for the Ducati but it will certainly be heavier which for me makes it too much for off roading.

·
Registered
38 Posts
According to the bike press here in the UK its being pitched directly at the Ducati and Triumph and is expected to come in at under £8k! Now, I've had a GS with the old air cooled twin cam hex head engine and believe me it'll blow the Duc into the weeds and I have no doubt at all that it'll handle. I don't think it'll have all the bells and whistles of other BMW's due to the expected price. This will be a genuine rival for the Ducati but it will certainly be heavier which for me makes it too much for off roading.
If they really could bring a version here for under $12k I think it would find significant interest. I would not bet on that price though.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts