Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Custom Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle Thread

18K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Shmakt 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
Started my 'blacking out' project.
Plasti Dipped the head light surround and alloy strips under seat - it's a pretty good match to my eyes (but they are old eyes so ...)
Next on plan is the muffler covers and heat shield with some VHT black paint.

Attachments

#8 ·
Picked up my FT on Friday. Got it with the Classic wheels and seat for more of a retro look (plus i found the standard FT seat uncomfortable, too grippy to move around on while riding), and changed the standard license-plate holder for the alloy part.

Am thinking of getting rid of the yellow on the front mudguard and side-panels and changing for black ones. Anyone got any experience of the black side-panels on a FT (they do a black-alloy and a black-carbon one)? Same with the front mudguard.

Once I get the black side-panel I'd put one of the more classic Ducati logo stickers on it. I'm thinking the '77 one : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8oPLgc6idMM/UYqyLpJhOGI/AAAAAAAACvw/ZaE8YM1D6Ys/s1600/0805_logo_ducati.jpg

Attachments

#19 ·
Those blacked out Termi's are awesome...has anyone tried removing the baffles on them yet?

#21 ·
I removed the strip - they each have 3 push clip/cir-clips things holding them in place.
I couldn't get the plastic guard that is mounted behind the rear spring off, but you can remove the strip easy enough - hence why I removed them to paint.
Then Plasti Dipped, then reinstalled.
They almost disappear now, you can only see them at certain angles with certain light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.