Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really new here, but this is my first post. I’m looking to upgrade my 2020 Icon Dark’s seat to make the long day trips a bit more comfortable. I would appreciate any and all insight. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
For what it will cost to replace the seat you have, consider the services of a competent trimmer who understands (and is prepared to listen to) the needs of a motorcycle owner.

Make sure they use proper foams and if possible a shaped gel insert.

You may find that a one off custom seat will really cost no more than an "off the shelf" aftermarket solution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Corbin gunfighter. I live (somewhat) near the factory, so I was lucky enough to do their ride-in service. there are a LOT of different options, which was a little bit overwhelming. I am so, so happy with it, though. The shape is great, materials are amazing, and I love the look of it. kind of expensive compared to some of the other options out there, but imo worth it.

2016 DUCATI SCRAMBLER ICON
55 Posts
Not really new here, but this is my first post. I’m looking to upgrade my 2020 Icon Dark’s seat to make the long day trips a bit more comfortable. I would appreciate any and all insight. Thanks!
Call british customs @ 877-999-2748,,,,,ask for JP,,,,web site; www.britishcustoms.com tell them what model u have; IF it fits your bike, I suggest; "THE CORSA MOTO DIAMOND STITCH BENCH SEAT" avail in 2 different black ones and one brown; this is an 'exact fit' straight bench seat; advantages r way more comfort than the stock duc seats + u get to move around on the seat, unlike with a mustang or sargent; avail. in kits or complete seats; suggest the 'complete seat'; complete seat cost; USD $389 plus shipping; their email; [email protected] MADE IN USA; only ignition key required for installation,,,,,,,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently got a Sargent seat for my Icon. Because their like (like many others) is lower than the Ducati seat I had them add foam to it. I don't need or want my seat lower. Unfortunately, it's winter here in the northeast so my test riding on the seat has to wait.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Corbin seat arrived sooner than expected. Quality of materials and craftmanship appear to be great. Installation was easy. Looks - it's very subjective, I like it. Feels very comfortable to sit on it. Taking it for a 3-4 hour spin now, will update later tonight on first riding impressions.
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I recently got a Sargent seat for my Icon. Because their like (like many others) is lower than the Ducati seat I had them add foam to it. I don't need or want my seat lower. Unfortunately, it's winter here in the northeast so my test riding on the seat has to wait.
Do you have a neat photo of it? It would be cool to see how it looks on the scrambler

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK, I'm back from a 4-hour ride on new Corbin seat. Well, I'm very satisfied with it. Seat feels very comfortable and I didn't have to stop for breaks every 40 min as I used to on the stock seat. Riding position has not changed - it's not any lower or higher, my body was not moved forward or backward, knee angle is unchanged as a result. No more sliding on the seat back and forth when braking or accelerating - feeling is more like I sat in the bike vs on the bike as they say. Firmness is just right. In straight up sitting position seat provides some support from the back, seat is wider, I liked this a lot. Lady's side of the seat has not been tested yet, but will be soon. Or, I also got a back-rest for the passenger, but didn't install it yet. Yes, there are less expensive seats out there, and I used to have a Mustang seat on another bike. To me Mustang didn't feel much different from stock. However, all behinds are different... I'm not sending Corbin seat back, I really like it (Corbin doesn't accept returns,:)) . Overall, I'm very happy with it, no regrets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, I'm back from a 4-hour ride on new Corbin seat. Well, I'm very satisfied with it. Seat feels very comfortable and I didn't have to stop for breaks every 40 min as I used to on the stock seat. Riding position has not changed - it's not any lower or higher, my body was not moved forward or backward, knee angle is unchanged as a result. No more sliding on the seat back and forth when braking or accelerating - feeling is more like I sat in the bike vs on the bike as they say. Firmness is just right. In straight up sitting position seat provides some support from the back, seat is wider, I liked this a lot. Lady's side of the seat has not been tested yet, but will be soon. Or, I also got a back-rest for the passenger, but didn't install it yet. Yes, there are less expensive seats out there, and I used to have a Mustang seat on another bike. To me Mustang didn't feel much different from stock. However, all behinds are different... I'm not sending Corbin seat back, I really like it (Corbin doesn't accept returns,:)) . Overall, I'm very happy with it, no regrets.
It looks really nice

2016 DUCATI SCRAMBLER ICON
55 Posts
Check this site www.britishcustoms.com click top banner to find .'MODEL' once your on ducat scrambler page, click on the: Corsa Moro diamond stitch seat/3 colors/stitch design,,,,,,I bought one in brown cost: USD $389,,,,made in USA,,,,,,,I've attached photos of BC seat on my icon,,,,,, very comfortable straight bench seat; u get to change positions,,,,,,always good,,,,,, 😀 OLD-SCHOOL LOOK!!!!!!!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts