Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my idea of a Cafe Racer in an old style fashion (like myself).
I bought a used Full Throttle and basically had the bottom of the original seat cut away to follow the horizontal line from the tank. Newly upholstered in brown leather, with matching brown rubber grips (Biltwell).
Also new is the exhaust, a Scrambler slip-on from Werkes (USA), easy to install yourself.
From the tank I removed the side panels, had the black paint stripped and put clear coating on the bare metal. Just added a new Scrambler logo to complete it.

There is a bit of fiddling involved to cover the now visible triangle below the seat. A piece of metal-mesh from the DIY-market, cut into form and sprayed black does it.
So, that's my new self-made cafe racer for little money. And I like it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Did you cut the saddle yourself? Its next on my list to mod my leather independent one. :encouragement:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you cut the saddle yourself? Its next on my list to mod my leather independent one. :encouragement:
No, I had it done by a daring upholsterer (only one try with the saw possible) who then upholstered it about 1 cm adapting to my leg length and also put the brown leather on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amro, the role model for my modification was this bike from Down & Out Motorcycles in Sheffield. Not too far from you. They can do the saddle for you. I was in business with them, but it turned out to be too difficult from Germany.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Amro, the role model for my modification was this bike from Down & Out Motorcycles in Sheffield. Not too far from you. They can do the saddle for you. I was in business with them, but it turned out to be too difficult from Germany.
Thanks for that, I'll give them a ring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts