Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great pictures. Can't wait to hear your comments, good and bad, of the new screen. When you post, please include your height, and if you have the stock seat or the optional lower one.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That actually looks OK, and doesn't detract from the naked look t all. Darker smoke would disguise the speedo and cables too.
Kind of just what I said about the Ducati one, sell it smoked and then people could buy the yellow or whatever graphics to suit.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pictures. Can't wait to hear your comments, good and bad, of the new screen. When you post, please include your height, and if you have the stock seat or the optional lower one.
Got to point out these are pics from their FB account and I do not have my scrambler yet. Sorry should have said

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That actually looks OK, and doesn't detract from the naked look t all. Darker smoke would disguise the speedo and cables too.
Kind of just what I said about the Ducati one, sell it smoked and then people could buy the yellow or whatever graphics to suit.
The more I look the more I like but am holding off for the Barracuda and Puig offerings

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wonder how effective it is.
It works well. The riding position of the Scrambler spreads the arms wide, and presents the body like a parachute to the wind. The flyscreen works in two ways: firstly, it smooths the air flowing over the instruments and top yoke, which normally is quite a turbulent area; secondly, the screen produces a cone of still air behind it, which relieves the rider’s torso of wind pressure. This is enough to relieve the arms, and reduce the feeling of ‘hanging on’.

The effectiveness depends to some extent on the rider and what their expectations are, but my experience is that the standard bike is hard work at 70mph. With the flyscreen, I'm riding at 80-85mph pretty comfortably with an open-face helmet. And let's face it, if you want to cruise much faster than that over distance, you've probably got the wrong bike!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Having ordered one I felt confident after reading so many of the testimonials on the web site that I am confident I am getting a truly good product.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pass me my pipe and slippers :) I'll get one, just can't decide what tint so hoping our dollar gets better in the meantime.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can confirm it's a good product, I had one on my bonneville. Oddly, without the screen, at speeds between 40-60 mph the bonneville was worse than the ducati scrambler.

Having ordered one I felt confident after reading so many of the testimonials on the web site that I am confident I am getting a truly good product.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have one on my Bonneville as well. I didn't particularly want a screen, but put it on for a trip and it made a big difference over long day rides. A year later it's still there.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ordered the midnight tint today after seeing pics on the other forum

·
Registered
965 Posts
The Dart screen? I ordered direct from Dart website
Me too, as well I received two messages from Steve at Dart thanking me and letting me know when my screen had shipped, now if we can get a how hard was it to install post it would make me decide whether to do it my self or not. :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts