Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new dart, it comes with 6 bolts....4 to attach the screen to the bracket, and what are the 3 longer ones for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The longer ones are to attach the brackets to the bike. I removed the turn signal spacers otherwise I would have needed longer bolts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i left my spacer on and used originals, if you remove the spacers how will the bolts line up to attach the screen, arent they to close?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not near the bike right now, in fact it's about 1400 miles away. But if I remember correctly the brackets fit inside the spacers, so removing the spacers only affects the size of the bolt. I didn't think there would be enough tread engagement using the stock screws.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I installed mine using the original turn signal bolts leaving the turn signal spacers in place with no ill effects. Everything went together well and torqued to proper specs. Been on the bike for 1,000 miles (1,600 km) now and all is just as it should be.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I installed mine using the original turn signal bolts leaving the turn signal spacers in place with no ill effects. Everything went together well and torqued to proper specs. Been on the bike for 1,000 miles (1,600 km) now and all is just as it should be.
Just be sure to add some Loctite to the bolts so that slight loss of thread doesn't back out and drop off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I can concur with "motorhead"... I used the original bolts and everything has been fine for 1500 miles.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I removed the spacers (which are only on North American models) and prefer the tighter Euro spec spacing of the lights with the bolts provided by Dart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts