Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 1100 supposed to show the software version after turning the key On? The manual says it should, but mine doesn't. Just curious if this was a misprint in the manual and if anyone's dash shows the software version. It's on page 44 of the hard printed US manual and page 36 of the UK pdf.

The text is located in section: 1100 Owner's Manual > Instrument Panel (Dashboard) > Parameter setting/displaying:
Upon key-on, the instrument panel carries out a check routine to test the warning lights and the display: warning lights will be turned on in a sequence, while on display system shows the software version and progressively activates rpm bar indicator and speed indication.
I checked the 800 manual and it does not mention it like the 1100 does.

Really enjoying the Scrambler and these forums!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well I never noticed it so I guess the manual is wrong. It could be that they mean that for instance when you have the Termi system with upmap fitted the dashboard will display racing as a conformation that the race mapping is installed on start up and normally I think the dash reads Scrambler 1100 on startup(all though I'm not sure).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE

So an update to this for future reference. I happened to have my battery disconnected for about an hour to re-route the battery tender wire better and some other stuff.

After reconnecting the battery and then turning on the dash, I briefly saw a "5.08" flash on the screen (best as I can remember) then it disappeared and the dash continued its normal startup sequence.

So I think this may be the ECU software version.

If anyone else happens to notice their version after having the battery disconnected, please post in this thread, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts