Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to have only the outside ring of my headlight on when my engine is running? Rather than the ring and the headlight.

The new scrambler video shows them running around with it this way but I can't find any way to make it so.

I'm riding an '18 Desert Sled.

Thanks

·
Registered
898 Posts
Maybe they changed that on the 2019 model, it is not on the 2018...
It is going to depend on the rules in different countries. Here in Australia they have not caught up with DRLs on motorcycles yet and the law says low beam must be permanently on so we get both low and the LED surround.
Technically the bike would be illegal to use on the road here with just the LED circle being on and no low beam.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The new 1100s have a button on the right side to allow you to toggle. You can also setup the DRL in the Settings menu for manual or auto. If the new ‘19s get the same electronics that the 1100s have, then yes there is a way to make the DRL function while the headlight is off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello

It is possible - I have done it on my 800 classic.

there is a compromise - that is high beam no longer accessible. This doesn't bother as I don't drive at night.

Take the headlight off and remove the back. Disconnect the plug on the back which has 3 prongs. Remove the two lower prongs and switch them over.

Then cut off the prong for the high beam.

Then reconnect headlight.

When you start the "ring" will been permanently. You will be able to turn on and off the low beam using the "high beam" switch. But as I said you will no longer have high beam.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Would it be possible to wire a switch to turn the low beam power on/off? Mount it on the handlebar? I don't know much about bike electrics so no idea what would be needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts