Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am asking a dumb question then please forgive! I have a Ducati Desert Sled. I have fitted a booster plug which has smoothed out the bike a lot. I keep looking at the restrictive airbox though and the huge lump of a catalyser and thinking that allowing it to breath better at both ends has to improve things. Also it frankly doesn't sound like a Ducati. So here is the stupid question: Presumably all the exhausts I see advertised involve removing the cat? Well.....isn't that illegal for road use? Aren't the fines sort of huge?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Depends on where you live. I live in the whack state of California and the laws are stringent here regarding emissions but there are plenty of HD riders with straight pipes. I ditched my stock can for a Leo Vince LV10 and sent the ECU to Rexxer for a map. I shed a lot of weight by getting rid of the cat and gained a few bhp with the new map (or so Rexxer claims). We do not have to pass annual inspections so it doesnt matter unless you get caught but even then the law doesnt really check.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Never got mentioned at my MOT, I had it done at BMW Motorrad and they didn't even mark down the loud exhaust. Their logic was that they couldn't compare it to a stock model so they wouldn't know any better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts