Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

So as you may remember, I had pre-ordered a full throttle from Ducati/Triumph NYC. However, they got a huge shipment of Icons in (something like 19 of them) and had a few people cancel on them. I decided to go with an icon, take the price difference, and apply it towards the racing termi. I should be picking it up in the next day or two and I can confirm that is sounds RIDICULOUS in person.

Also, just a heads up- if you're looking for an Icon - Ducati NYC has a few available right now.
IMG_20150502_143805079.jpg

BTW, I've got a monster 696 for sale if anyone's interested ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I did something similar with mine - swapped my Urban Enduro for an Icon which was available and cheaper, loving it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I switched also not only because I read that the Icons were coming in first, but I like to mod my bikes to my liking, so there was no reason for me to wait for FT or classic. I wanted the spoke wheels and ordered them, but after owning the Icon for a couple weeks the standard wheels have grown on me so I canceled the spoke wheels order. I want to see what BST and other offer also. I have already installed new tank panel, tank protector, billet frame plugs, full termi and have an apt next week to install new handlebars, rizoma blinkers, moto corse gas cap, and second tank protector to make a stripe. Thinking about new mirrors also.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up the bike yesterday, and I'm super happy so far!

11226917_10100735288273229_5071653458117783986_n.jpg

A few thoughts:

• It's a bit taller than my monster 696. not uncomfortably so, but enough to mention (side note, i have like a 30 inch inseam)
  • The termi racing slip on sounds AMAZING.
  • i'm much more upright on the scrambler than I am on my monster. Takes a little getting used to but it's ultimately more comfortable.
  • It's way better for 2-up riding.
I'll slowly be customizing it further (full throttle bars, a cool side panel if i can find it, etc. Stay tuned!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts