Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought Denali DRLs on Friday and fitted them over the weekend. It’s a good job I’ve removed the servo motor to give a little room to store all the excess wiring.
Fitted the switch under the seat rather than on the bars because I’m hardly ever going to turn them off.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nice

Did you use a spacer (3 or 4 washers) between the bracket and panel - so as not to scratch the alumium panel - to create a small gap between panel and Bracket?

·
Registered
896 Posts
The other option that people here do is use P clamps and mount the lights to outside of the forks just under the bottom triple clamp. You need to check clearance on full lock of course.The advantage of that is that they are always pointing in the same direction of the headlight. The disadvantage is also that they are always pointing in the same direction as the headlight.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Bought Denali DRLs on Friday and fitted them over the weekend. It’s a good job I’ve removed the servo motor to give a little room to store all the excess wiring.
Fitted the switch under the seat rather than on the bars because I’m hardly ever going to turn them off.
Nice install!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice

Did you use a spacer (3 or 4 washers) between the bracket and panel - so as not to scratch the alumium panel - to create a small gap between panel and Bracket?
I used 1 steel to the bracket and 1 fibre washer to the panel on the left and just a fibre on the right as the screw length into the tapping was a little shorter for a good tight fit. I haven’t used threadlock yet So i will check and reassemble later

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other option that people here do is use P clamps and mount the lights to outside of the forks just under the bottom triple clamp. You need to check clearance on full lock of course.The advantage of that is that they are always pointing in the same direction of the headlight. The disadvantage is also that they are always pointing in the same direction as the headlight.
I had considered all options that I could find including the one you suggest, and thought that mine was the best in my opinion. I don’t need them to light the road they are DRLs only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts