Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Hoping someone could shed some light on this. I was working on the bike yesterday and noticed what appeared to be a dent in the back (facing the radiator) of the front exhaust header. It is near the bottom of the first bend where the exhaust is coming out of the front cylinder. It does not appear to be a bend from dropping the bike or hitting it on something as there appears to be no scratches or other damage to make it seem that way. And certainly not from me since I have never dropped the bike or hit it on anything. I'm wondering if this is an intentional dent from the factory?

Ill try to take a picture later today and upload it here.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Why would the factory make an "intentional dent" in your exhaust header?
Maybe you mean "unintentional"?

Obviously it's impossible to judge without a picture.

Of-course it might be a dealer problem?
I assume there was no previous owner?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No previous owner. It looks like it came from the factory that way because of how smooth it is. I've recieved dented exhausts before, this does not look the same. It's as if it was molded that way to fit something like an engine guard maybe. The bike was a demo bike, with 250 miles on it. But again, it does not look like it was damaged while riding. The angle is nearly impossible to achieve by hitting something while riding. But I will post later.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Following thread for pics.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts