Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it in many senses more than the Icon I used to own. Engine throttle and suspension feels higher class and smoother. It is more comfortable because it is roomier even for a short guy like me 173 cm or 5 7". I liked the brakes the initial touch and feel more than the Icon because they were not that abrupt. IT's a bike that inspires you to go for an adventure. What I found a bit unpleasant is that the gears were very tough to change from time to time. I did not have any such issue with the Icon. I covered about 20 kms and there were times I could not upshift or downshift. I started to fear that there is something wrong with the gearbox. I will give it a bit more time before I report to the dealer.

The motorbike is equipped with oem oil tank protector, oem led turning lights, oem heated grips, oem side carrier with soft bags and soon to be added Barkbusters Kit handguards and SW-Motech crashbars. I am debating whether I should get the OEM crashbars and the Evotech handguards. Also GillsTooling riser Kit will be added. Unfortunately the SW-Motech universal risers for 28,5mm handlebars did not fir according to my dealer.

So far 28kms on the clock.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
The clutch is very grabby when cold and drags on my Sled which makes the shifting notchy or difficult at times, mostly down shifting at slower speeds and it's worse when cold.

I'm contemplating replacing the clutch plates in mine with Barnett plates. The whole set (steel & friction plates) is only $240 and the side case is pretty easy to remove.

The actual shift mechanism is smooth as you can tell by going through the gears with engine off.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I test rode the bike it did not have any such issue. Also even brand new the clutch feels better than my Icon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check the manual. But I think that when the clutch lever hits the handlebar there is not much you can do than press the gear lever upwards or downwards to change a gear. That means that although the clutch lever is pressed to the end of its travel...still there is something not done right in the system...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I will check the manual. But I think that when the clutch lever hits the handlebar there is not much you can do than press the gear lever upwards or downwards to change a gear. That means that although the clutch lever is pressed to the end of its travel...still there is something not done right in the system...
You don't adjust the lever in terms of how much it comes back to the handlebar. That's almost irrelevant.
You need to set up the free play at the beginning of the lever movement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was it like that even from the beginning? from 0 miles on the clock?
Shifting has been smooth from the start. I didn't notice the 'sticky when cold' clutch until I had a few hundred miles on it - only happens once when starting and is not getting progressively worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts