Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The kit ist very new and the bolts and kit needs additional stuff. But doable. The weight reduction is enormous, the sound is friendly, "Ducatisch" and not illegal.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
The kit ist very new and the bolts and kit needs additional stuff. But doable. The weight reduction is enormous, the sound is friendly, "Ducatisch" and not illegal.
Love how this pipe looks

Wich mid pipe ? The catalyzed link Pipe (71673MI) version or the decatalyzed one (71673KZ)?

Is the fueling ok or running lean?

Post a video with the sound please,

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Love how this pipe looks

Wich mid pipe ? The catalyzed link Pipe (71673MI) version or the decatalyzed one (71673KZ)?

Is the fueling ok or running lean?

Post a video with the sound please,

Part number 71290PR, Straight through. Soon as fitted will post video.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Part number 71290PR, Straight through. Soon as fitted will post video.
A few years ago. I would bought the same as you... but now I am becoming older, responsible and the authorities are much less permissive ...

I think about that one is too much for me... I don't want to scare my neighbors in the early morning.:angel-45:.

Also I think this one probably needs a complete new fueling map.

I was looking to fit something like Lanaki 's pipe, not too loud but with nice ducati sound (and not the horrible euro 4 scooter's sound ) and if if posible not to remap the ecu...

The stock fuelling map of this bike is really good ... I don't want to lose it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had my bike Dyno tested today just to see what was going on, even though it seems to be running very well with the new Arrow pipe.

It is running on the lean side although not dangerously high but still think I may get the Power Commander fitted.

Would appreciate your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my opinion the bike is running lean. Its not too bad ... but I'm sure that it is not good.

af-rate.png

The ideal ( rideability and power , not stereometric) AF rate is around 13.2 /13.6.
You are running over 14.5 from 2800 rpm to 6400 rpms that are the most usual rpm rate when you are riding the bike.
Curiously over 6000 rpm to 8000 rpm the AF rate is good.

In my opinion you need to remap or change the A/F rate...

I am thinking about rapid bike evo and it´s adaptive A/F tune using the lambda sensor...could be the way to go... the question is that I'm not sure if the oem Narrow Band lambda sensor could do this work...

In the other side, I would like to see the A/F with the home plug installed... that could be enough if you are not looking max performance, only be in the safe zone.

And other question is about mpg , probably rapid bike is going to look for optimal power and the mpg is going to be quite bad. The question is that the Scrambler tank is not big and range is not bad because of the good fuelling from factory... Booster Plug only works in transitions (accelerations and decelerations) so probably works better for a good mpg...and it is considerabily cheaper...

For me 3 or 4 hp more is nothing in this kind of bikes... If you need more power...this is the wrong bike.

I have change the exhaust pipe because of the sound.... if I have to change the ecu or fuelling to be in the safe zone... ok I will do it... but if I have a good ridebility and the engine is in the safe zone, I would like to have a decent range better than little more power.

Decisions...decisions...decisions...

Now I am waiting for the arrow exhaust, same version that Lanaki , with the mid pipe muffler but without the catalytic converter, to try that the bike runs as cold as possible and keeping the back pressure thanks to the mid pipe muffler...

In fact, my DS is at dealer trying to diagnose why te engine stalls with yellow warning and ENGINE error code... I don't want to change any hardware until the problem were completely solved because of warranty. See http://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/desert-sled-engine-stalls-off-and-yellow-engine-warning.20049/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure. The lightest one is the pro race without the pre silencer. But if you want to go without dbkiller for better performance it should be to loud...
The weight of this one is bettwen the oem and the pro race without pre-silencer...
Probably you will save 2 kg from oem and the prorace is still 2 kg ligther...
I has also booster plug installed to try to not run lean and keep the fuel range as better as posible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes. The sound in the video is without db killer. Not too loud but probably its not euro 4 street legal. I am worried about my neighbours in the early morning and I am sure that this one is not going to be a problem.
Obviously the sound is better in the reality than in the video. Deeper but not loud.
Especially when the bike is running.

The pre-silencer do the half of the work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I’m new at the forum, recently bought a icon 2017 model and I’m looking for replace the exhaust... Initialy was going for the zard zuma but those weldings seem weak... Then I saw the arrow and That does seem a lot more though.... I would be thankfull if you guys could tell me your experience with it, mostly about the need of the booster plug or remap... I’m not after power gains I only want a Nice sound and not Mess up with the reliability of the engine, or worse mpg or more heat....
Oh and I would go for the fully legal version here in Portugal, with the link pipe with cat!
Many thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Don!
I like the way your Arrow sits. It’s much higher than the strait pipe version. It’s been awhile now, how’s she running with this two piece version? Did you ever have to remap it?

Clearly the strait pipe version looks like it’s running too lean. Really interested in this two pipe version. That’s a CAT under there? or just a pre muffler?

Thx!

Arrow can fitted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am looking to get the pro-race slip on....no CAT. Fortunately there are a lot of Harley Davidson's with straight pipes running around, so a straight pipe on a Ducati won't attract much attention. ;) Only need to worry about it on the trails as there is a 94db rule out there.

Anyway, Quick question regarding the Arrow pipe for the Sled...just to clarify: If I pull off the stock silencer and install the Arrow slip on - So plug and play - I can run it without re mapping/flashing the ECU? From what I am reading, this is the case, but does result in the bike running a bit lean.

Is this correct? I was able to do this with my KTM 690 Enduro.... Bought a wings exhaust (Poor man's Akro...made in the Akro factory :D ) and just popped it on the bike. No map, just install and ride. Hoping the same applies here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts