Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found here.

The product is made fairly nicely with strong brackets and clean edges on the plastic. For the price, I am happy. However...

Install: super wicked simple. Super wicked frustrating.

The screen mounts to your front turn signal stalks. It is not described in the instructions but you need to mount the bracket close to the bike, not between the stalk spacer and the fixture itself. Nothing too major there. The right side bracket is pretty simple. You will drop the bushing and nut a hundred times but no blood, no foul (You cannot see the flanged bushing and it can only fall out from the backside away from you, listen for two drops on the ground as the nut and bushing like to fall together). The left side of the bike is a nightmare. You can get a spanner in to get the nut off and on but it is much more cramped. The real issue its that sandwiching the bracket in the turn signal stalk stack takes you to the absolute max on the turn signal wire. If you get lucky you will just pop the clip but if you are me you just end up ripping the wire out of the retaining clip. I ended up just making an extension harness by splicing in another 2 inches and shrink wrapping it all nice and neat.

It's not a hard install, just frustrating. Just remember the above before going in, grab a snickers, and have your electrical tools handy if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Must be different to an Icon as got mine on pretty easily, however I thought they shared the same sort of headlight and indicator wiring etc

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have thought so also. I guess there could be differences in the assembly and I got the one individual that took "no slack in the wiring" very seriously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts