Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Desert Sled Exhaust Options

41K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  gumshoe 
#1 ·
First post! Owner of a new 2018 DS. Sounds a bit wimpy at times, would like to replace the exhaust. I was at a dealership having the 1000KM break in service performed and spoke with the service manager on the topic. He walked me over to the warehouse and fired up a cafe scrambler with a random slip on. Sounded good but it wouldn't fit on a DS.

He suggested the Termi high mount exhaust, said it would sound the same as the cafe i just heard. Comes with a tune and deletes the cat. Ive been lurking on the forums here and noticed someone mentioned it DOESNT delete the cat? I havent taken the heat shields off yet for a close look, but from what I can see, the stock pipes are welded to the cat. Can someone confirm this? Also, how does it sound? Any other options for the DS?

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There are a good few slip on options for the Sled.
The popular ones I've seen around are by LeoVince, Zard and Arrow.

I have a Zard Zuma and love the way it looks and sounds although slightly loud without the dB killer (the dB killer is useless as it squeaks as discussed in another thread here). I'm still happy with it and chose it over an Arrow since Zard reckon the Zuma works without a remap. I still want a remap though so could have gone with the Arrow for less cost in hindsight.

Some vids on YouTube of the above three are easy to find

#3 ·
I’ve recently mounted up the Arrow Pro-Race Titanium. Really like it so far. It deletes the Cat and reducing weight by at least 12lbs. Without the DB killer inserted its really loud, like race track only loud. But with the DB Killer in, it sounds great (I think). Along with it I did a Rexxer User tune. Awesome combo.

One thing I noticed with the pipe and remap is the power comes on much smoother than stock. Almost too smooth! I just put the older style throttle tube on. Night and day difference. It pulls like crazy now off the bottom. Really fun, highly recommended !

#20 ·
I’ve recently mounted up the Arrow Pro-Race Titanium. Really like it so far. It deletes the Cat and reducing weight by at least 12lbs. Without the DB killer inserted its really loud, like race track only loud. But with the DB Killer in, it sounds great (I think). Along with it I did a Rexxer User tune. Awesome combo.

One thing I noticed with the pipe and remap is the power comes on much smoother than stock. Almost too smooth! I just put the older style throttle tube on. Night and day difference. It pulls like crazy now off the bottom. Really fun, highly recommended !
Interesting, I have the same setup, 2019 sled 800 with he arrow and rexxar, also put an KnN filter. Great mid range and pull to the top but the low end is non-existent. So I can put a 2017 throttle tube on and it will pull off the bottom? How does that work exactly?

#5 ·
The Rexxer unit is very easy to use. It’s a small touch screen device. You just plug it into the diag port on the bike under the seat.

The basic process is:
Plug the Rexxer into the bike, download the stock fuel map
Copy the map from the Rexxer to your PC (with the Rexxer software)
Email the map to Rexxer
Receive updated map from Rexxer, save to PC
Copy Map from PC to Rexxer unit
Plug Rexxer into bike and update map

It’s really easy, just takes a few mins to perform the update

Plus if you work on your bike you can reset the service indicators and pull fault codes with the Rexxer. Pretty slick...

#19 ·
The Rexxer unit is very easy to use. It’s a small touch screen device. You just plug it into the diag port on the bike under the seat.

The basic process is:
Email the map to Rexxer

Plus if you work on your bike you can reset the service indicators and pull fault codes with the Rexxer. Pretty slick...
I have a 2019 desert sled and I’d like to go with the arrow slip on and the Rexxer tune, looks very straight forward. How do I go about buying the Rexxer unit and map. I went to the official Rexxer website but couldn’t figure out how to buy it from them. Do I need to go to a Rexxer authorized dealer? Thanks!!

#10 ·
I see, thanks

Found this on their website too

Attention: The RexXer EVO "User" only allows the programming (flash) one vehicle and will be married with it s ECU. However, if this vehicle flashed back to original, the RexXer EVO "User" is unlocked and can be used for another vehicle. After you have flashed back the stock mapping it s possible to erase the RexXer EVO "User" via the software for 1 time! The device is pre-loaded with 2 licenses and you can change your vehicle for 1 time and use the RexXer EVO "User" for another bike. You have just to order a new tuning-mapping for the new bike. It s also possible to order new licenses if you change your bike for a 2nd time.

#11 ·
I also wanted a better sound and went with the Arrow Ti Racing Pipe (71209PR) with a Rexxer. I left the dB killer in. Sounds great, smooths the power out. Make sure you change your air filter to a high flow. I used an K&N. I'm a Mac user so had to borrow a PC to load the Rexxer tune. After that, super easy to load to the bike. The removal of the OEM exhaust and install of the Arrow was super easy. I used a "kit" off of eBay for the O2 sensor removal. Basically some plugs for the header and caps for the wires. The install of the air filter was a PITA. (10 hard to get at screws. Why screws?) I also ditched the evap canister while I was messing around up there too.

#12 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motorcycle Wall Automotive tire Car

UPDATE!

Decided to go with the arrow pro race. $1000CAD for the slip on, $70 for the K&N and $300USD for the Rexxer tune. The slip on is so light, I thought the box it came in was empty, jeez. Install was easy, a direct fit which is great. The sound is ferocious with the db killer out, sounds pretty good with it in too but I'm leaving it out for now. Ear plugs are required haha. No trouble with the cops yet but it does turn heads. Rexxer tune seems to work well, the odd pop on decel but not often. Had the o2 sensor disabled. Feels much smoother, pulls a bit harder. Im happy! Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: retrolab
#14 ·

I have had exactly the same experience. I was very happy with the outcome but I have decided to change to a low rear header pipe as part of my customising project. As a result, I have a Arrow Pro-Race Titanium slip-on for sale. It's in excellent condition - about 2000km - if anyone is looking for one. Really a great addition - sheds a lot of weight and really enhances the riding experience.

#15 ·

The basic process is:
Email the map to Rexxer

Has anyone actually done the service reset or pulled codes using the Rexxer?

I was planning on getting this unit but want to be 100% certain the service tools actually work as advertised.

Any feedback on the service tools is welcome.

#17 ·
I bought a Gianlli system, which is an Arrow subsidiary company, mostly because it was the cheapest I could get hold of, and it looks nice too. Not started the bike yet, forgot the key at home :( Build quality seems good, all the welds look awesome and it's light, about 4kg in total. Mounting was a bit fiddly but way easier than removing the original stuff.

All papers included said Arrow Special Parts on them :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

#18 ·
A quick question - does the Termignoni Race exhaust, that is designed for 2019+ bikes fit the 2017 MY? Dealer sais no, but i suspect it is down to upmap. 2019 is Euro 5, 2017 onlz Euro 4 so maps do not match. I mean does it fit mechanically and can it be mounted with no hussle or modifications?

#23 ·
Just wanted to revive this thread for anyone looking for additional input on the Arrow Exhaust. I did the link pipe and exhaust and am very pleased with the results. The bike sounds meaner and is definitely louder but not ear piercing loud. Also, the weight savings is a nice bonus. Fueling is great and I did not opt for any tuning at all, the bike appears to be running extremely well. I did do a youtube vid for sound comparison: https://youtu.be/zQo_9c0-2Cw

#24 ·
Just wanted to revive this thread for anyone looking for additional input on the Arrow Exhaust. I did the link pipe and exhaust and am very pleased with the results. The bike sounds meaner and is definitely louder but not ear piercing loud. Also, the weight savings is a nice bonus. Fueling is great and I did not opt for any tuning at all, the bike appears to be running extremely well. I did do a youtube vid for sound comparison: https://youtu.be/zQo_9c0-2Cw
Thanks for this. I'm looking to upgrade from stock next year so I might have to bug ya with some questions come spring time.

#25 ·
For anyone considering the Leo Vince LV10, just put mine on today and couldn’t be happier. Easily the cheapest exhaust for the sled going and honestly doesn’t compromise! I had some hesitancy as couldn’t see a YouTube vid or picture in this forum however, it was super easy to install circa 25 mins, sounds fantastic but isn’t crazy loud as I have seen some people have fears about!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.