Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been awhile since i been on here!

So quick bit of history former scrambler owner, i had the urban enduro for a massive 4 months. The bike was gorgeous and as a modern retro fan i loved the look and sound of it (with after market pipe), however I couldnt get over how small it was and how uncomfortable the seat was. I did one trip of 50 miles and was very uncomfortable, knees around my ears etc. I then parted ways with my beloved scrambler as i just couldnt ride it comfortabley.

I've sat on the sled at the motorbike show and it seems larged. Any tall owners got some feedback? is the seat more comfortable? superior leg room? off road handling? road handling?

I've booked a test ride in a few weeks but would rather here honest feedback from owners. I currently have a bonneville (09) and a tiger, i would sell the bonnie for the scrambler as a second bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am 6.3 (191cm), bought the additional high seat, new Oehlins rear spring. All good. The DS is even for many people a very tall bike.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The Sled is noticeably taller than the other Scramblers, but I've only sat on them, not ridden. I can't recall if the seat-to-footpeg dimensions are that different or if the height is all in the suspension.

Don't let the seat put you off - there are TONS of other options out there that are much more comfortable than the stock wooden plank from Ducati.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been awhile since i been on here!

So quick bit of history former scrambler owner, i had the urban enduro for a massive 4 months. The bike was gorgeous and as a modern retro fan i loved the look and sound of it (with after market pipe), however I couldnt get over how small it was and how uncomfortable the seat was. I did one trip of 50 miles and was very uncomfortable, knees around my ears etc. I then parted ways with my beloved scrambler as i just couldnt ride it comfortabley.

I've sat on the sled at the motorbike show and it seems larged. Any tall owners got some feedback? is the seat more comfortable? superior leg room? off road handling? road handling?

I've booked a test ride in a few weeks but would rather here honest feedback from owners. I currently have a bonneville (09) and a tiger, i would sell the bonnie for the scrambler as a second bike.
I’m over 6ft most of my height is in my legs so I was uncomfortable on the regular scramblers but I fit perfectly on the desert sled with the stock seat (which is really comfortable even on long rides) my dad (6.4ft) who has 2 replacement hips and can’t ride most bikes can ride my DS comfortably (he can’t ride a bonnie for more than 30 minutes) it is a much bigger bike than the regular scrambler.

As far as performance goes on Road it rides just as if not better than the regular scrambler and off road it works like a mid weight adventure bike. The tyres are a really nice soft compound which works great on road in the wet and dry (I’ve got my knee down on mine a few times) the tyre gives good feel for a ‘off road’ tyre on the road. Off road they work really well on hard pack, dusty and rocky surfaces but aren’t great in soft mud. The suspension on the DS is fully adjustable as well so you can set it up for they type of riding you are going to do.

I highly recommend the bike to anyone that asks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great feedback guys. Im still a bit dubious as i loved my old scrambler but the lack of comfort was reallly severe, especially the seat. I was amazed how many tall people said they was fine on the old one.

I think my best bet is to do a test ride, this bike will be replacing my touring bike so doing distance on it will be important. Hopefully the test ride will be a success!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts